My Shopping List. Any Corrections?

meddle

This is my shopping list at the moment. Let me know if you notice anything I might be doing wrong in choice of vendors, or the components themselves.

Brakes ( Front rotors are on their last turn ):

$129.00 - Front Rotor ( www.iRotors.com )

$25.00 - Zinc Plating ( www.iRotors.com )

$89.00 - EBC Greenstuff Pads, Front ( www.tirerack.com )

$123.00 - Stainless Steel Lines ( www.tirerack.com )

~$60 - OEM rear pads ( wherever )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$426.00 + tax/shipping

Suspension ( all from TM Engineering ):

$224.95 - Eibach Springs

$99.95 - Daizen Control Arm Bushings, Front

$159.95 - Daizen Control Arm Bushings, Rear

$69.95 - Tokico Front

$69.96 - Tokico Rear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$624.75 + tax/shipping

Am I missing anything? Would you advise me against any of these purchases?

$224.95 - Eibach Springs

$69.95 - Tokico Front

$69.96 - Tokico Rear

$624.75 + tax/shipping

Am I missing anything? Would you advise me against any of these purchases?

For the Tokicos, you're gonna be buying 1 front and 1 rear when you need two pair.

Hopefully it's not the same case with the rotors cuz $129 for one rotor would be overkill.

Since on this topic, what are the cons to getting Redstuff instead of Greenstuff.

Redstuff costs a bit more but it looks like it performs better and last longer than Greenstuff.

I'm not how this can work. By buying Redstuff would I be cutting my rotor's lifespan?

Oops, should have noticed that. Thanks.

So it should look like this.

$224.95 - Eibach Springs

$69.95 - Tokico Front X 2

$69.95 - Tokico Rear X 2

$764.65 + tax/shipping

Hey that's not bad. I was expecting the price to be a little bit higher. Although I'd get a Baer, Brembo, or Wilwood brake upgrade kit, and new wheels to go with the car to finish the suspension upgrade.

Meddle, let me know how those upgrades work out, and how they feel on high speed turns.

I too are going to do brakes next, and I was wanting some cross-drilled rotors since they look so much cooler, and since ive had good luck with them in the past. Problem is, the only ones I can seem to find are those ones on ebay, and im not sure I trust them. Anyone know of a good place to get quality cross-drilled rotors for our cars?

I need some advice on the bushings. I hear great things about both the Daizens Polyurethane and Andrew Vlamos' OEM spec bushings. I also see a lot of complaints about polyeurethane bushings due to the need to grease them and squeaky ride.

Are these complaints about the polyurethane bushings relevant to Daizens? Or is there something about Daizens that makes them able to overcome these problems?

• 10 months later...

Its my understanding that the Supras with the 4 pots came with 17s from the factory, but theres no telling if the Enkei's have the same clearance. If you can measure the inside diameter of the rim then thats a start

You have listed a number of upgrades but since you are keeping the OE wheels you should consider upggrading your tires when the time comes... I have Goodyear Eagle GS D3 F1 tires purchased from tirerack and they are by far the best wet and dry performance tire I have owned. They are also very quiet . That is the best upgrade for the money I've made on my SC400. You should also consider NGK iridium plugs, mobil one oil with lexus, nippon, or advantex or wixx filters and an upgraded air filter. To get any real increase in low end engine performance, you will need to spend a fortune and consider a torque converter replacement &/or supercharging etc. which in real world driving may not be worth the expense.