Confusion About Control Arms/bushings

meddle

It's the Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings. I think front is more important than back because stiffer control arm in front gives less deflection in steering. I emailed Daizen a while back and they said they give you all the instructions. I'm not sure what tools you'll need.

I see what you mean.

On the Daizen website it gives the following part numbers for the actual cntrol arms:

Front - P/N S1-2002

Rear - P/N S1-2003

Those numbers match the ones on TM website's listing of bushings.

I guess you need to get a hold of TMEngineering to find out what the deal is.

It's the Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings. I think front is more important than back because stiffer control arm in front gives less deflection in steering. I emailed Daizen a while back and they said they give you all the instructions. I'm not sure what tools you'll need.

Im sorry for my ignorance, but are the bushings just a part of the control arm? Id get under my car and try to figure it out, but its raining.

• 4 weeks later...

Meddle, I am considering replacing my bushings with the Daizen product. Have you done this yet? If so, I am sure we would all like to hear your comments on this product. All of our old Lexus's are in need of this replacement, and there doesn't seem to be many choices out there.

Unfortunately I wont get around to doing this until sometime early next year. Im pretty sure that I will be going with Andrew Vlamos' OEM spec bushings. More expensive, but dont need the regreasing that the Daizens will eventually require, and will return the car back to its original form. Smooth ride, no squeeking. I think I will just rely on springs and shocks to upgrade the handling.