99 Rx300 Rear Wheel Area Noise/knocking

wrxsedan

Hello Everyone:

Wanted to ask if anyone had an experience with noise coming from the rear wheel area of their RX300 while going >30 mph on a slight curve or turn in the road. While driving I hear a wobbling/howling/knocking noise from the rear wheel area of the vehicle. I called my family mechanic and he mentioned to change the rear differential oil and check my brakes. I did and the problem did not subside. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darrin

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone:

Wanted to ask if anyone had an experience with noise coming from the rear wheel area of their RX300 while going >30 mph on a slight curve or turn in the road. While driving I hear a wobbling/howling/knocking noise from the rear wheel area of the vehicle. I called my family mechanic and he mentioned to change the rear differential oil and check my brakes. I did and the problem did not subside. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darrin

Darin,

I have the same exact noise...i just bought the car last week so i have yet to fix it. Did you get anywhere on the situation? I will update the forum when i find out