Wax.....wheels....inside...adivce?

Hi guys, I have a 2006 Silver IS 350 with a black interior. I used to use black magic wax but was told that it is not the best and leaves swirls....So I was advised to use Mcquires or mothers wax instead....Which wax is the best? And I was told not to use any degreaser on the rims...This true? What should I use, just soap and water? Is there such a thing as wheel wax? and does it work, and is it worth it? I also use this black magic protector stuff for the inside for the dash and all the plastic to protect it from the sun and enhance shine (it really does bring out the color)...Is that ok or should I be using something else? And I use Lexol leather conditioner, I heard that was one of the best. Now as for the car soap any advice? I used black magic stuff, good idea? Or should I use mcguairs soap? ALSO does the Mr. Clean stuff auto dry machine work? Is it worth the money?

Thanks guys I aprpeciate all the help!! :cheers:

Hi guys, I have a 2006 Silver IS 350 with a black interior. I used to use black magic wax but was told that it is not the best and leaves swirls....So I was advised to use Mcquires or mothers wax instead....Which wax is the best? And I was told not to use any degreaser on the rims...This true? What should I use, just soap and water? Is there such a thing as wheel wax? and does it work, and is it worth it? I also use this black magic protector stuff for the inside for the dash and all the plastic to protect it from the sun and enhance shine (it really does bring out the color)...Is that ok or should I be using something else? And I use Lexol leather conditioner, I heard that was one of the best. Now as for the car soap any advice? I used black magic stuff, good idea? Or should I use mcguairs soap? ALSO does the Mr. Clean stuff auto dry machine work? Is it worth the money?

Thanks guys I aprpeciate all the help!! :cheers:

In my eyes there is no best wax etc. It is all personal at this point. Plus it depends on what you are looking for. Some love waxes some love sealants. Some love the shine, some want depth, some what wetness etc. I would use the correct auto soap since it has proper PH and does not remove wax. I have some PB super suds brand new if you want it. Just pay for shipping. I use ONR now.

I use Pooboys natural look on dash etc since it does not leave the cheap shine. Also use their leather stuff on seats. Smells like leather and cleanea etc. Use the stuff on all my leather in the house; great stuff. For plastic that is bad/lost shine outside the car I use Chemical Guys liquid extreme shine. I would check out there line. I have spent some $$$ there. Good stuff and price is good.

Yes there is wax for wheels but I do not use it. I use Poorboys EXP on my rims after clearing with there rims cleaner (acid). Their rims cleaner is the best out there I feel. If removes tar, brake dust etc without doing anything but spray (wait 3 minutes) then rinse off.

• 4 weeks later...

Consumer Reports named Turtle Wax's Carnuaba Wax the top pick for car waxes. As far as how well it works on wheels... I have no Idea, I've never waxed my wheels, but there are products available, many of which you can find in walmart. I've had chrome wheels on my lexus 02, and caddy 97, with no problems even in NY weather and NYC road conditions.

post-30872-1159395445_thumb.jpg

Eh, I don't put a lot of stock in Consumer Reports wax tests. Detailing has more to do with the process than the products, and almost none of the products we discuss on here are availiable at retail shops, and none of them are included in the Consumer Reports test. If you want to see a wax test performed by detailers, check out the Guru Reports Wax Test.

I've used Turtle Wax, and I promise you there are MANY products out there that perform better and last longer.

As for waxing wheels, I do use whatever polish and wax I use on the paint on the wheels, but in my experience dirt always comes off the wheels easily if you just wash the vehicle once a week like you should anyways.

Wheel Wax:

A synthetic wax formulated from polymer and Carnauba wax, that provides a long lasting, heat resistant finish to vehicle wheel surfaces http://www.wheelwax.com/ (See section 8)

See section 8?

I would say use any wax or sealant you have laying around .None is better then nothing. Then again I do not buy this wheelwax.com stuff. I have never ever seen a wheel that clean after normal driving.

Mburn,

Wheel Wax does work, you're right though no better than any other polymer type product.

I wouldn't bother using a carnuaba wax on wheels though, its going to vaporize off the front wheels the first time out on the road after application.

Mburn,

Wheel Wax does work, you're right though no better than any other polymer type product.

I wouldn't bother using a carnuaba wax on wheels though, its going to vaporize off the front wheels the first time out on the road after application.

I just use some Poorboys EXP on it since I do not use this product anylonger. Works good on wheels. I still love there Wheel cleaner...