Should I Sell My Sc400 To Buy Gs400 ?

AppleJack

Hello, I've got a tough decision to make .... need some input.

Have a chance to buy a fine looking 1998 GS400 (1 owner, black, 180,000km) for $13,000.

Currently have a 1992 SC400 (2 owners, black, 250,000km) - and in the last 50,000km replaced some key typical items such as alternator, power steering pump, starter motor, antenna, battery, and have used good quality synthetic oil for a long time, and oiled the underside of the car every year.

Is the 98 GS400 comparable in quality and luxury as the SC400 - and how much should I be able to get for the SC400 to offset the $13,000 cost of the slightly newer GS400???

You see, if I don't get very much for the '92 SC400 - then I may be better off keeping it for the long haul because of the care I've put into the maintenance of it...

Pleeeeeeeeaaaasee share your ideas, and any feedback on the '98 GS400.

thanks for your help!!

SC's rule. Classic and timeless American body design. One of the top ten production cars ever made. It's a definite keeper. Michael Jordan could have bought any car for his dad and he picked the SC400. Just remember not to park and sleep on lonely country roads. Motels are a whole lot safer.

Yeahhh I know.... my hearts with the SC - but its coming up on 15yrs old and nothing lasts forever ...

The GS is in real nice shape, and being newer with same 4.0L (newer version) it's probably a solid reliable car,,,

I'm going to drive my '92 sc400 until the wheels fall off...

It's been the best/most dependable/best driving car I've had.

You'd miss it.

Yikes, you guys aren't making this easy on me. The more I read the more I think I should keep that which makes my smile every time I drive it (the SC!...) I've checked the GS400 over a little better and I think the paint on my 92 SC400 is actually in better shape - glossy jet black colour ... and at least I know what I have right now with my car and the good PM done on it ... and it may be 15 yrs old - but it still turns heads when I've got her all washed up! I'm just not sure how much longer this thing will go being at 250,000km ...