Maintenance Reminder

• 4 months later...

anyone know how i disable the maintenance required light on my dash board?

Someone said that it is in the manual, but I didn't verify -- the dealer showed me.

Here's what I recall it involving (but I can't say for sure that this is the right sequence/protocol). Put the display on to show the total mileage odometer. Then, with the car off, push in and hold the odometer button (to the left of the steering wheel), while turning the key from off to just-short-of-on three times. Note that this doesn't disable the warning. It simply dismisses and resets it -- it will come on again in 5,000 miles, requiring you to do this again.

I made the dealer show me this the very first time it happened because it annoyed me so much. I'm fairly anal about getting the car in every for an oil change at roughly 5,000 miles, but it sometimes is at 5,100. That last 100 miles of having that warning drove me nuts!

Don't know if this works for yours, but it's for the IS models.

To reset the oil change system, follow the procedure below:

1. Turn the engine switch OFF.

2. While pressing the trip meter reset knob (→P. 100), set the engine switch to the

IG-ON mode. Continue to press and hold the knob until the trip meter displays

Found it in the manual under "oil change".

• 10 months later...

FINALLY FIGURED THE ACCURSED THING OUT !!!

Yes, it is in the owner's manual, right after oil change instructions (page 294 or 297 I think).

What it doesn't tell you is that you need to make sure it gives the Odometer reading underneath MAINTENANCE on the Speedometer display.

Do this by pushing the reset/select button to the left of the steering wheel, not the DISP button on the steering wheel.

Once it shows the odometer reading, turn the car off, push and hold the reset button (left of steering wheel), and turn key to ON (not all the way clockwise, but fully into the ON position). The display will show "MAINTENANCE RESET" in progress and will fill up boxes (time elapse). Hold until it resets.

Hope this helps. The bugger was bothering the heck out of me - I couldn't see my little battery/engine arrow animation.