How About A Is350/250 Run?

I think it would be nice to have all the IS350s/250s that we can and drive on the weekend along the coast from L.A. to maybe Santa Barbara and back with lunch in the middle kinda like they have with corvettes and other cars.

I would do it, meet up at Santa Monica and drive from there on Sunday morning.

Maybe do it every few months, would be nice.

People can show their Lexus if they done something to it.

Anyone is up to it?

I'd totally be up for it!! I've been waiting to find an event like that, I think it would be a lot of fun. I live in Orange County, ca. but don't mind driving up to Santa Monica first to meet up and then do the run to LA or vise versa. I love to drive my 350 so much, this is the perfect excuse to put some miles on it.

I hope there are enough owners around here that would be up for the run.

...its not a waste of gas if you're having fun burning it, and driving a 350 up and down the southern california coast ranks up there as one of the funnest ways to burn gas!

Lets hope this works out caraveli.

I hope so too barron.

I just don't know if this website is enough to bring at least 15-20 people.

If not I hope you have a suggestion how to bring more pepole.

I would like to do that soon.

If anyone is interesed let me know here and we'll set the date.

Thank you

just an idea, you should post this in a more general area, instead of on the IS page if you want more lexus owners. Also, its kind of inconvenient for people who are not from the LA area. lol So much traffic just to get onto I 5 from san francisco...not to mention the 5 hours of driving

Its actually a great idea...if we were all young and had the time to. :whistles:

start this post in the general section or something so that everyone can see it, not just the IS people. Not everyone moves around. also, not many people are from our area.

Gas at $2.13 for premium? i wish i lived in ohio. Gas has actually gone down these two weeks in san francisco. THe cheapest i can find (brand name) is $3.09 for premium. the most i can find (same brand) is around the $3.30s

I think it would be nice to have all the IS350s/250s that we can and drive on the weekend along the coast from L.A. to maybe Santa Barbara and back with lunch in the middle kinda like they have with corvettes and other cars.

I would do it, meet up at Santa Monica and drive from there on Sunday morning.

Maybe do it every few months, would be nice.

People can show their Lexus if they done something to it.

Anyone is up to it?

Well come on now ya'all

Lets get a move on

What day do we leave?

From where in Santa Monica do we leave?

What time do we leave?

Got back on Monday from taking the 250 on a VEGAS (VEGAS BABY, VEGAS) run .. approx 278 miles door to door (frum Encino, CA)

Comming back, got to hit 100 to 110 (running with nothing other than a Valentine 1) - funny thing though, the spedo has a red ring that lights up. I have the yellow ring come on @ 80. I commented that it turns red, the wife looks over and asks "when does it turn red?" I say @ 100+

Her reponse: "I thought we were doing 70, not 100+"

Can ya'll guess what the next statement outta her mouth was?

Stay tuned for the answer

• 2 weeks later...

lol...and i thought san francisco was bad. THough gas has been dropping considerably in california, by as much as 40 cents.

my theory on why they are doing this: California has a bill in November made by the clean air organization that lowers and limits how much gas companies can charge us. they are trying to not pass that im guessing, lol