Seatbelt Lights

zad9199

Absolutely NO. Seatbelts, aside from it being the law it can save your life in case of an accident or sudden stop. Lexus will never let the consumers disable the seatbelt warning lights. I wish you could have gotten an RX350. It not only has a seatbelt light flashing but also has a warning buzzer that will annoy you if u start driving w/o your seatbelt on

Does anyone know how to stop the seatbelt lights from flashing when not wearing a seatbelt.

Yes, there is a way to stop that annoying light. You reach left and pull the belt across your chest and insert it into the well placed latch. People wonder why insurance is expensive. Unfortunately, we have to pay for those not killed, but crippled for life ($$$) when lauched from vehicles in collisions. CLICK IT and you stay put in the nice safety cage for which Lexus has spent millions to design and build. Give us a break.

Yes, there is a way to stop that annoying light. You reach left and pull the belt across your chest and insert it into the well placed latch.

OK I know it's not funny, but that made me laugh. If you want a reason for wearing a belt drive your car at 20mph into a wall without one!

To also add to this, we all know that Lexus vehicles are safe. BUT we can't go driving w/o seatbelts as it will totally forfeit all the advanced safety features of the vehicle. ;)

Talking on the cell phone while driving is unsafe too, even with bluetooth, and people still do it. If he choose not to wear his seat belt he doesnt have to. Auto manufacturers are becoming too much of a big brother. Pretty soon they will make cars that will start unless you have your seatbelt and a helmet on.

Talking on the cell phone while driving is unsafe too, even with bluetooth, and people still do it. If he choose not to wear his seat belt he doesnt have to. Auto manufacturers are becoming too much of a big brother. Pretty soon they will make cars that will start unless you have your seatbelt and a helmet on.

Seat belt buzzers been in cars since 35 years ago.

Seat belt buzzers been in cars since 35 years ago.

I don't have a problem with anyone deciding to NOT take advantage of any safety improvements. What I do have a problem with is that we all end up paying for the supidity of these reckless and selfish decisions.

When insurance companies have to pay the huge hospital bills for those who scramble their brains (and live) or end up numb from the neck down because they are thrown from the safety of a vehicle, we all end up paying higher rates. It is society that bails out the irresponsible few.

Don't you find it unfortunate that people don't care enough about their loved ones to take reasonable, sensible, and very simple safety precautions when getting behind the wheel of a two ton machine. Taking precautions (safety belts, hands-free cell phones, tire pressure checks, clean windshields) most likely translate into a high probability that we don't become a life-long burden on their families in the unfortunate event of even a marginal automobile accident.

We tax smokers and we limit life insurance coverage to those who practice highly dangerous sports, but we don't seem to reduce payouts to those who refuse to use seatbelts or keep their automobiles in reasonable working order.

So, at least when you get in the car let's make sure everyone buckles up. At least we won't end up with human missiles in the event of a collision. Nobody really likes missiles.

Studies have shown that even hand free cell phones are a distraction the the driver. Radio is also is distraction as well as well talking to the passengers while you are driving. Smoking is not only dangerious to you health but it is also a dangerious thing to do while you are driving. Nav. system is another distraction, so is DVD entertaining systems. Fixing your hair or putting on make up is also dangerious, but people do that everyday. Drinking a cup of coffee while you are driving, that has been the cause of many accidents.

All these things above that everybody do everyday cause accidents, these accidents drives your insurance rate up. Seat belt is a good safety tool, but the lack of its usage is not the reason our insurance rate is so high.

NO. LoL. If I was the only one living in my house, maybe I would. It makes ur morning rush a little easier though. If I have the chance I park one of them in reverse. Its not that hard. Lets just say that its a like father like son thing. ;) Back in my old house there was a lot of junk in the garage. My dad has gout and when he had an attack he could never enter the drivers door on the car in the left side of the garage. So he would always have to park that car in reverse just in case the gout acted up.