The Power Button

Rx330driver

My Is300 and my old Rx300 both had that power button, which has been removed from my rx330. I was just wondering what it does exactly...just use more gas? does it actually make a difference in acceleration, maybe only used when racing other people, not on the street of course :whistles:

also, just a side note...i just want to add another point that the IS300 is the most toyota like of any lexus cars. I just noticed that the interior lights (when the headlights on are) dim when you do one of the following

1) press on the brake

2) press the rear defroster

3) turning on anything that uses the battery

also, just a side note...i just want to add another point that the IS300 is the most toyota like of any lexus cars. I just noticed that the interior lights (when the headlights on are) dim when you do one of the following

1) press on the brake

2) press the rear defroster

3) turning on anything that uses the battery

As do most cars, its a failing of overworked 12V power systems.

Well I know that in the IS 350 and SC 400 the pwr button pretty much pulls the gear longer, and when u accelerate and take your foot off the gas it stays in gear longer instead of shifting up so that way if you had to you could acclerate faster without having the transmission downshift. It's pretty much like the sport button. It simulates a manuel by keeping it in gear longer...Pretty much only used when your in a racey mood (like the 350 needs this :lol: ) and if your racing someone...Also In the IS I guess, it would be used in place for the drive 1 and 2 found in other cars since the IS does not have this.