Wood Dash Kit On Es350...

SW03ES

One of my main complaints about the ES350 is the spartan interior vs my 03. Has anyone ever seen one of these kits installed?

http://www.wooddash.com/item/LEXUS_Dash_Kits_ES350_2007_UP

I would never install the whole kit, but maybe the strip above the glove box, and the trim around the air vents would give it a little something...

• 3 months later...

One of my main complaints about the ES350 is the spartan interior vs my 03. Has anyone ever seen one of these kits installed?

http://www.wooddash.com/item/LEXUS_Dash_Kits_ES350_2007_UP

I would never install the whole kit, but maybe the strip above the glove box, and the trim around the air vents would give it a little something...

Yes I have the complete kit with the Nav installed, and compared to original it make the int. pop, I mean this is what the int. was missing before it had no pop just plan boring, the kit matchs perfectly in color and the fitment and texture is as good as the original wood but wow what a difference, I'll post pic's soon but the funny thing was when I picked up my car it was in the front on display and as I stood on the sidelines waiting for my salesman to complete his deal I wacthed as 4 to 5 customers refused to take their cars as ordered and wanted to add the wood package, the most comman comment was that it give's the inside some live and add's new richness to the int. and I could'nt agree more!

I'll post soon...................................................................................

Regards Rob

Please post pics!

I'm eager to see it installed on an ES350 also, since the one I saw installed on my friends 2003 ES didn't look too good because the lineup of the extra wood parts didn't line up very well.......they interfered with the operation of some of the control buttons....and this was installed by a Lexus dealer! It really looked like a poor aftermarket installation. :wacko:

Guy's sorry about the delay I've been on a few business trips and really have'nt had time to take many pictures and or post them, but today I found a hour or two and when I pulled the camera out of it's bag I realized I did'nt have my charger and the camera was about to die, I was able to snap a couple of shot's before it completely die on me but excuse the date stamped on the pictures my camera's date was'nt setup well to be honest the camera and all it's functions was'nt setup, I'm sorry for the poor quality so when I get the car back I'll take better pic's.

Regards Rob

thelex014lo4.jpg

thelex015kk7.jpg

thelex020nk1.jpg

thelex021pq9.jpg

thelex001dc0.jpg

thelex003rj9.jpg

thelex005pk3.jpg

thelex006he3.jpg

thelex007li0.jpg

You know what...that doesn't look half bad. I'd be picky as to which peices I'd apply, like I don't think I'd do the stereo facings and I don't know about the vent trim, but I like the little appliques near the gauges, and I like the subtle little strip on the glove box face. Although, the trim on the vent surrounds and the surround of the door handle looks pretty good.

I'm amazed by how that dresses up whats really a stark interior...

Can yo do me a favor? Can you take a close up picture of the stitching on one of your seats?

You have a beautiful car BTW...the UL wheels make the car so much more attractive.

Maybe I do want an ES350 LOL

Hey Steve-

Here's a picture that I put up once before. Maybe you can count the stitches on the seats.......but so far I haven't ripped open any of the seams. LOL :P

ES350mats.jpg

Its still only double stitching...thats a shame.

Its not a question of stregnth its a question of quality.

I'm sure that the Lexus designers didn't feel it necessary to use a third set of stitches just to impress the few customers that wanted it. You also have to remember the super value you get when buying the ES350 as compared to the LS460! I guess that you deem this minor fact very important, but to me, it's not! ;)

Its cost cutting! Every other ES ever built, INCLUDING the ES250 had triple stitched leather seats. Even the IS has triple stitched leather seats. The ES has always been a great value, now this is the most expensive ES ever and they've lowered the quality of the leather, the plastics, made the carpet and the headliner thinner. It just annoys me thats all.

Its still only double stitching...thats a shame.

Its not a question of stregnth its a question of quality.

I'd still trade it for the cloth seats in my wife's Camry.... which have been soaked in Diet Coke and smell like our dogs. :P

You know what...that doesn't look half bad. I'd be picky as to which peices I'd apply, like I don't think I'd do the stereo facings and I don't know about the vent trim, but I like the little appliques near the gauges, and I like the subtle little strip on the glove box face. Although, the trim on the vent surrounds and the surround of the door handle looks pretty good.

I'm amazed by how that dresses up whats really a stark interior...

Can yo do me a favor? Can you take a close up picture of the stitching on one of your seats?

You have a beautiful car BTW...the UL wheels make the car so much more attractive.

Maybe I do want an ES350 LOL

Thanks for your kind words, no problem when I get the car back I'll take some shots of the seats.

Beautiful!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have used a few pieces of Wooddash (on side vents, door pulls, glove box, center box. They make car look nicer. I have not installed large pieces on the stereo and climate control or the middle large vent. They look nice, but once installed, they are hard to remove (and can not be reused if removed0.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have to agree with the earlier posts that the interior is very spartan. I also own an ES 330 which I think has a much nicer interior. I think Lexus really blew it with the 07 interior.

I bought the same dash kit. It installed pretty easily. I am very happy with it and my wife is happy. (that in itself is worth $200)

However nothing is perfect. Here are some of the things to consider..

* trim pieces are too thick in my opinion. There is a ridge whereever the trim meets the existing interior

* MOST pieces are about 1/16" too small all around. This leaves unsightly gaps that are visible depending on where you are sitting

* Kit doesnt provide the cleaning pads that the docs refer to. You will have to scrounge alcohol wipes

* Kit doesnt provide enough of the "adhesive promoter". You get 2 small pads that dry up almost immediately so you simply will have to install without it

IMPORTANT TIPS:

* Use a hairdryer to heat up the interior and the new piece you are isntalling. The heat makes the part very pliable and helps the adhesive cure.

* Never apply from the middle out. peel one end, lightly apply it, and the peel rest of protective coating away and slowly tack down the rest. You can remove it carefully if you made a mistake if you are careful and do it immediately

* Check fit before fitting each piece. Some pieces are right size, some seem too small. You need to make sure of the exact positioning to avoid ugly gaps

Good Luck

Hi,

I have to agree with the earlier posts that the interior is very spartan. I also own an ES 330 which I think has a much nicer interior. I think Lexus really blew it with the 07 interior.

Post some pics of your install!

Its a shame, but the interior will keep me from getting an ES350. I had another one as a loaner and took 4 of my colleagues out on tour in it and got nothing but negative responses on the 350's interior versus mine. For one, which really surprised me, is three adults have significantly less hip room in the rear seat than in mine despite having more legroom. The guy in the center had to sit sideways to fit (same 3 people that ride in the back of mine every week). Not one person liked the interior of the 350, my broker said "This doesn't seem like nearly as nice a car as yours" and one of the people said after I picked mine up "I'm glad you got your nice car back, that one sucked".

So...thats pretty cut and dried. I love everything about the ES350, the look, the ride, the performance, the features, I just can't stand the interior. So, I'll have to either swing an LS460 next time or leave Lexus for another brand (the GS is too small inside).

SW03ES,

I have applied Wooddash kit, and it has really brought up my car interior shining. Believe it or not, as a result, I just feel like driving this car all day. I applied all pieces, except around the stereo and climate control. Mine is non-nav version. I will post pics in a few days, let the cold weather pass away.

• 3 months later...

http://www.sherwooddash.com/Parent/dashKits.asp

I have had mine a few months. It looks very good and sticks well even though I didnt prep the surface because they really didnt provide enough of the prep towelettes.

The kit is very attractive and durable.

There are two items I would pay attention to.

* Some of the pieces are a few millimeters too large. So you will have 2 edges that will line up and 2 that are a bit off. Light tape those pieces in place and then sit in the drivers seat like you were driving and look over at the piece. The piece should be adjusted until it looks best from your angle. If multiple pieces are supposed to touch each other, be sure to tape all of them and ensure that they all look correct

* there is a small rectangular piece that goes on the button that opens the center console between the seats. I commonly rest my arm on the console lid, and ever since I put that piece on, the addtl height causes my arm to accidently open the console. I probably wouldnt install that piece. I mean it looks great but its annoying to have the console pop open.

The unit was just under 200. I would buy it again. I would probably ask them first why a few pieces are too big since a computer is cutting the parts.

• 2 weeks later...