Passenger Door Lock Actuator Problem

Ok, so my passenger door lock does not lock or unlock when you press the button. You have to manually lock and unlock it. First it was intermitternt, then you could only lock, then it only twitched, and now it doesnt move.

I took off the inner door and the plastic to see the actuator. But I don't know how to take the actuator out. Looks like the window guide is in the way of it. Any ideas on how to get it all out? Can't seem to get the bolts out from the window guides.

I have a 93 sc300 and aparently this is a common problem. Anyone done this repare before?

Thanks.

Ok, so my passenger door lock does not lock or unlock when you press the button. You have to manually lock and unlock it. First it was intermitternt, then you could only lock, then it only twitched, and now it doesnt move.

I took off the inner door and the plastic to see the actuator. But I don't know how to take the actuator out. Looks like the window guide is in the way of it. Any ideas on how to get it all out? Can't seem to get the bolts out from the window guides.

I have a 93 sc300 and aparently this is a common problem. Anyone done this repare before?

Thanks.

Try probing the actuator wires first to see if its actually the actuator that went out. One of the wires should light up 12 volt when you hit the lock switch and the other wire should light up when you hit the unlock switch. If you're getting juice from both wires then its the actuator that is bad.

You definitely also want to see if the little orange (I think, or is it red?) plastic clip is broken that connects the key lock mechanism to the rod that comes up from the door opening mechanism. If so, you may be able to replace it without removing any other pieces.

I'm actually half way inside my door, as well, but for a different reason. The rod that pushes down to open the door from the outside has broken off inside the mechanism and thus doesn't always engage. I have replaced the plastic connecting clip to the door handle twice already. Makes me want to suggest your check the other clip as I mentioned, above. Someone said Lexus made it the weak link to reduce breakins.

I have already picked up 2 new bolts from the dealer for the window guides because I have ruined the phillips head on the one at the bottom of the door. Lexus did not ever want these removed! I'm going to try this weekend to loosen the bottom bolt and work the entire door mechanism out from behind the window guide without removing the window. I'll let you know how it goes if you're interested.

Djones

95 SC400

Thanks.