Programming New Key

SC NUT

I have a new key that needs to be programmed for my SC430. Dealer wants to charge me $25!

I have heard from a former dealer employee that there is a way to do this yourself. Does anyone know how this is done??? Maybe somewhat like you do for your garage door opener?? Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not my dealer here in NY did it for free too ! Most dealers will not charge you anuthing for this service.

Kevin

See attached. Good luck.

Marty

Thanks Marty - - I found another dealer who would do it for nothing while the State inspection was being done.

But this should be useful info to have on the site for others.

Stu

• 1 month later...

Do you have the guide to program the new key to the ignition transponder? so that the car will start with the new key?

Deric

Believe it or not my dealer here in NY did it for free too ! Most dealers will not charge you anuthing for this service.

Kevin

See attached. Good luck.

Marty

Thanks Marty - - I found another dealer who would do it for nothing while the State inspection was being done.

But this should be useful info to have on the site for others.

Stu

• 1 year later...

Hey, if you all ready have a master key you can program up to 3 more keys. but its a two step process. first you have to program your key fob to lock and unlock your doors/truck. then you have to program the chip in the key to start your engine. Yes, you really can do this yourself. The following link is the very best fully detailed site i'll found to date for all lexus/toyota key/fob programing and best of all is 100% FREE :D

I'am not sure how to post this link but here it is. just copy and paste to you address bar then ad it to your favs: www.toy-lex.com/programming

Hey, if you all ready have a master key you can program up to 3 more keys. but its a two step process. first you have to program your key fob to lock and unlock your doors/truck. then you have to program the chip in the key to start your engine. Yes, you really can do this yourself. The following link is the very best fully detailed site i'll found to date for all lexus/toyota key/fob programing and best of all is 100% FREE :D

I'am not sure how to post this link but here it is. just copy and paste to you address bar then ad it to your favs: www.toy-lex.com/programming

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anybody have any success in programming the transponder and remote for a '05 SC430?

Does anybody know how many "keys" and remotes the system will accept?

I've tried all the programming guides I can find (including the ones referenced in this thread) with no success.

The closest I've found is the Tech Svc Bult EL005-01 (for the '01 and '02) whcih does appear to put the '05 into "ADD" mode for the remote but it will not "accept" the remote.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anybody have any success in programming the transponder and remote for a '05 SC430?

Does anybody know how many "keys" and remotes the system will accept?

I've tried all the programming guides I can find (including the ones referenced in this thread) with no success.

The closest I've found is the Tech Svc Bult EL005-01 (for the '01 and '02) whcih does appear to put the '05 into "ADD" mode for the remote but it will not "accept" the remote.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I fianlly got one more key programmed and the remote working. The instructions on EL005-01 are correct BUT in my case I had to program the Wireless Remote BEFORE I could program the transponder in the Key. I used the key programming instructions from www.lexuskeys.com (Key Program 2) and that worked the first time but only AFTER I had the wireless remote working. Still not sure how many keys can be registered but at least I have two Master Keys now.

I have one more I will try to register after I get it cut.

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a used 2002 sc430, great car btw, only had the one key so purchased through toy-lex.com, actually gave them the wrong key code and they sent me the right key at no extra charge, anyway, following the instructions for prgramming the key was very frustrating, I found that if you do it as quickly as you can it finally worked. forget 10 sec. to turn on and off, do it in six, and the open door and close door part, only open slightly and close a lot quicker than 35 seconds.

in the end was very rewarding

Just bought a used 2002 sc430, great car btw, only had the one key so purchased through toy-lex.com, actually gave them the wrong key code and they sent me the right key at no extra charge, anyway, following the instructions for prgramming the key was very frustrating, I found that if you do it as quickly as you can it finally worked. forget 10 sec. to turn on and off, do it in six, and the open door and close door part, only open slightly and close a lot quicker than 35 seconds.

in the end was very rewarding

Wow, wish I had seen this before local Toyota dealership shafted me for exhorbitant charge for key then $90 to program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the information on how to program the key, I have a 2001 LS430 with only one key in Papua New Guinea, a country the size of France, this is the only 430 in the country and there are no dealers.If I want to take the car to a dealer, my nearest dealer is 2 days by ship and then more than 1000km away. when you purchase a new electronic transmitter with remote lock - unlock, boot opening, does this program as per download above let you operate all functions or only the ignition?

are there cheaper keys available? I was quoted about AU$400 [uS$420] for a new key from Australia.

regards

lobes