Just Visited Www.benzworld.org

Hi everyone,

I just visited www.BenzWorld.org and I cannot be more glad I own a Lexus instead of a Mercedes!

I have had the CEL come on quite a few times for the same problem, P0125 or insufficient engine coolant temp. So, I have had my O2 sensors replaced (did not fix it), then my engine coolant temperature sensor replaced (did not fix it either) and now I have narrowed it down (hopefully correctly) to the thermostat as this code pops up only when the outside temperature is in the 80's to 90's. I will hopefully have it changed this weekend if possible.

There are also small little problems like the steering wheel seems loose when I drive over a long patch of uneven road, the clicking of my brakes, and the thumping noise from the front end of my suspension that no one can diagnose (as none of the suspension components are loose.) But these are nothing compared to what some Merc owners have gone through.

After having read about the issues Mercedes owners have had, I consider myself pretty lucky for not getting the E-class. Those cars do not even seem driveable. Just on the first page of the S-class (the E-class has many of the same problems) forum I have read about control arms having to be replaced 5 times within 15,000 miles; steering pumps bursting and gushing fluid twice within 6 days; all sorts of little motors going awry; head gaskets leaking at 50,000 miles; rust all over the car; and Mercedes not wanting to help the owners at all! Incredible is it not?

I have put about 30,000 miles on my 1999 GS300 now within one year and have been pretty problem free. Hopefully this will continue for the rest of its life! Thank goodness for my reliable chap, the GS300, to bring me the 100 mile round trip to and from work every day!

:cheers:

I just wanted to let you guys know what I was thinking. Also, I must say I really appreciate how so many people on this forum are so inclined to offer their advice and help! Thanks LOC and all of its contributing members!!!

:) ;)

In the post are the correct procedures for diagnosing the P0125 code. Also included is the procedure for replacing the thermostat if you should so choose to do it. I personally don't think it's your problem, but that is only my opinion.

P0125_Diagnosis.pdf

Confirmation_Driving_Pattern.pdf

Thermostat_Replacement.pdf

In the post are the correct procedures for diagnosing the P0125 code. Also included is the procedure for replacing the thermostat if you should so choose to do it. I personally don't think it's your problem, but that is only my opinion.

what else do you think it could be? my car does idle high at about 16-18 thousand RPM the first time it's started in the morning after a night. also, my mechanic has replaced th o2 sensor in bank 1 sensor 1 but i do not believe he replaced the one in bank 2 sensor 1. could that be it?

thanks much.

if you want true terror about mercedes ownership go to http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/... i almost bought an S500 instead of my GS before reading this message board... thank god for google :blink:

Happy to hear that you made the right choice, I have had my 98 gs300 for 6 years and the car has been pretty much trouble free. I had to replace #2 fuel injector and the starter contacts. Really been a great car.:cheers: