Speedometer

josh22

hey what up everyone, i bought a 93 es 300. love the car, needs a few things fixed. lights behind mph are out, and the led lights for mph and rpm out. how can i fix it? also suspension is a rough ride and wierd noises turning and hitn bumps, help me out. thanks

hey what up everyone, i bought a 93 es 300. love the car, needs a few things fixed. lights behind mph are out, and the led lights for mph and rpm out. how can i fix it? also suspension is a rough ride and wierd noises turning and hitn bumps, help me out. thanks

if you're handy, you can get the bulbs from advance auto parts, take the cluster out and replace the bulbs yourself.

sounds like you need a new set of struts for your ride. possibly cv joint / shaft.

For the instrument cluster backlights behind the gauges, I replaced all the incandescent bulbs (8 of them) with white/blue wedge-base LEDs which last much longer and look way better. I bought them on E-Bay. They plug right in to the same sockets as the old bulbs.

When you say the LED lights for mph and rpm are out, I assume you mean that your needles are no longer illuminated. This is unfortunately a common problem with the 1st and 2nd generation of the ES300.

My solution was to remove the dead LED strips from inside the needles and replace them with a new bright red LED which doesn't light up the whole length of the needle but just the tip instead, but it looks pretty good (IMHO), is very inexpensive to do, and all the gauges are readable again in all light levels.

Here is a link to my DIY write-up, if you want to check it out.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217411