After Market Power Antenna

robinlow

My power antenna does not go up and down fully anymore as the gears are bad.

I got an aftermarket power antenna from ebay and it has 3 wires.

Red, Black and Green.

My stock Antenna has 5 wires, red, black, Green, blue and black/yellow.

How do I connect so that the poer antenna can go up and down?

I bought the cheapest replacement which was just the mast with the white trailing cable, didn't have to mess with new wires. It came with instructions which basicially had you unscrew the mast, turn it on and let the entire cable out, thread the new one in, turn off and let it pull it back. Worked for me. Searched prior posts.

Red, Black and Green.

Are you saying you bought the mast and cable only from Lexus? If not where? ...and how much?

Djones

95 SC400

185 miles

I bought the cheapest replacement which was just the mast with the white trailing cable, didn't have to mess with new wires. It came with instructions which basicially had you unscrew the mast, turn it on and let the entire cable out, thread the new one in, turn off and let it pull it back. Worked for me. Searched prior posts.

Red, Black and Green.

Well, I bought my mast online after finding a place by just searching lexus sc anteanna mast. It was 50 bucks. My friend who works at the dealer could get it for 80 bucks, so, logically, I just got it online :).

Now if you had to replace the whole motor because the motor was bad, I dunno.

Red, Black and Green.

Take a light tester and clip one end to any metal bracket in your trunk. Take the other end of the light tester and probe into the lexus antenna plug until the lighter tester lights up. You have just found your power wire ( The red wire of the aftermarket antenna goes to this lexus wire ).

Now take that same lexus power wire and strip a little piece of insulation off the wire so that the wire shows thru. Clip one end of the light tester to that uncovered piece of lexus power wire. Probe the other end of the light tester into all the wires of the lexus antenna plug until it lights up. You have just found your ground wire ( The black wire of the aftermarket antenna goes to this lexus ground wire ).

The final green wire is very easy after you've hooked up the other 2 wires. Go turn your radio on. Take the green wire of the aftermarket antenna and probe it into all the remaining slots of the lexus antenna plug until the antenna moves up. You have just found your antenna turn on wire !

Good luck.

I did not buy a Lexus mast, went on e-bay and bought the cheapest I could find, it was around $10, it was so cheap I was scared it wouldn't work but had no problem, the one page instructions were followed and presto, it worked. They send you the antenae mast and the white grooved plastic tail which is what went bad for me as it wore out. Didn't mess around with replacing the whole motor. Took 5 minutes, unscrew base, turn on radio and old one comes out, put in new one. Really easy and cheap.