Rear Tire Wear Too Fast

Moony400

Hey All, been away for awhile. Got a question on tires wear. I had some Toyo T1-S and the rear tires went almost completely bald after only about 10K! Is that normal on these tires? Here's the weird thing. The rear right is completely bald on the inside and have very little tread left on the outside. The rear left however, has a little bit more tread than the right, but it's inside has more wear than the outside also. I talked to leschwab and they said I probably need an alignment. When I told them that they did the alignment when they lowered the car, then they say oh, it's probably due to the lowering which makes the tire wear faster. Now I have Toyo T1-R on the rear, but afraid to drive it much fearing fast tire wear and $450 for the rear, well you know what I mean. The front is also showing sign of more wear on the inside than the outside, but is not wearing down as fast as the rear wheels (which I understand, because of rear wheel drive).

My car is lowered with Eibach Pro Kit that drops the car 1" all around and I thought that was within manufacture specs. So why are my tires have more wear on the inside? Is there a camber kit that I need?

Anybody? Any suggestions?

thanks,

Moony400

Hey All, been away for awhile. Got a question on tires wear. I had some Toyo T1-S and the rear tires went almost completely bald after only about 10K! Is that normal on these tires? Here's the weird thing. The rear right is completely bald on the inside and have very little tread left on the outside. The rear left however, has a little bit more tread than the right, but it's inside has more wear than the outside also. I talked to leschwab and they said I probably need an alignment. When I told them that they did the alignment when they lowered the car, then they say oh, it's probably due to the lowering which makes the tire wear faster. Now I have Toyo T1-R on the rear, but afraid to drive it much fearing fast tire wear and $450 for the rear, well you know what I mean. The front is also showing sign of more wear on the inside than the outside, but is not wearing down as fast as the rear wheels (which I understand, because of rear wheel drive).

My car is lowered with Eibach Pro Kit that drops the car 1" all around and I thought that was within manufacture specs. So why are my tires have more wear on the inside? Is there a camber kit that I need?

Anybody? Any suggestions?

thanks,

Moony400

Car might be "lowered" too much that tires are not flat, and it might be tilted normally.

May be corrected with camber kit.

You may just drive the car too hard. Drive gently and you may get more more miles on your tires.

For rear, I have A032R

P275/40ZR17 in the rear, and I have negative camber 1 degrees and my tires last about 5~8k in the summer. I use TEIN RA. with a 1.8" drop in the rear. (That's wht I switch to 17")

I'd say go with a camber kit. Normally when your car is lowered, you car tends to camber, and will wear you're tires more..I had a lower car before, and before I did that, I was sure that my tire's will wear out faster then usual. So I suggest you get a camber kit.