Stock Subwoofer(middle Rear Speaker)

I own a '00 SC400 fully loaded w/ a Nakamichi system and I just wanted to know since I blew out my stock subwoofer(middle speaker in the back above the back seats) can I just simply purchase a 12" or 15'' kicker or other miscelleanous brand?? Will the stock Lexus amp be able to push it? If not, what amp would be a perfect fit?? Please help!! :whistles:

I own a '00 SC400 fully loaded w/ a Nakamichi system and I just wanted to know since I blew out my stock subwoofer(middle speaker in the back above the back seats) can I just simply purchase a 12" or 15'' kicker or other miscelleanous brand?? Will the stock Lexus amp be able to push it? If not, what amp would be a perfect fit?? Please help!! :whistles:

Get an amp and enclosure is recommended.

I have a 2000 lexus oem direct replacement subwoofer if you are interested.

^^ Thanks but right now I'm more interested in upgrading my subwoofer seeing that the stock sub didn't push enough bass to satisfy my audio needs!!!

No prob, Just thought I would throw the offer out there. :cheers:

I tried replacing the stock 10 (i also have a nakamichi system) with a free air 10" rockford and it had trouble pushing that so I went back to stock and it sounded better I would reccomend upgrading the amp at the same time you buy a bigger sub

I tried replacing the stock 10 (i also have a nakamichi system) with a free air 10" rockford and it had trouble pushing that so I went back to stock and it sounded better I would reccomend upgrading the amp at the same time you buy a bigger sub

Do you know what would happen if i replaced my premium sound sub with an aftermarket one that isn't free air? Also wanted to know if it would be possible to build an enclosure in the stock space. Thanks.

Thanks for the sound advice :cheers:

Do you know what would happen if i replaced my premium sound sub with an aftermarket one that isn't free air? Also wanted to know if it would be possible to build an enclosure in the stock space. Thanks.

YOu would run into the same problem off pushing the sub with any kind of nice sound without replacing the amp as well. There is no room to mount an encloused sub where the free air one is becasue the gas tank is directly below it and you only have about 1/2 inch inbetween the bottom of the sub and the top of the gas tank

Thanks for the sound advice :cheers:

You are welcome :cheers:

Get on EBay and buy either an 8 or 10 inch kicker subwoofer....That is a very good inexpensive subwoofer upgrade from stock...Any larger sub will not fit...I also have a Kicker KX kicker amp in the trunk too...Twice the sound as stock all for $250.00 off EBay...

THis is a picture of my 300w 10" kicker sub without the top screen which I removed for the pic...Also my KX kicker amp in the trunk....

post-13978-1156099356_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1156099401_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1156099518_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Get on EBay and buy either an 8 or 10 inch kicker subwoofer....That is a very good inexpensive subwoofer upgrade from stock...Any larger sub will not fit...I also have a Kicker KX kicker amp in the trunk too...Twice the sound as stock all for $250.00 off EBay...

THis is a picture of my 300w 10" kicker sub without the top screen which I removed for the pic...Also my KX kicker amp in the trunk....

If i were to get the new amplifier could i and should i connect both the stock and the aftermarket amp or only aftermarket to the new sub? Also wanted to know if there is enough space to hide the amp under the rear deck. Thanks!

You need to remove and dump the stock amp...Go for either a KX350 or KX450 kicker amp...That will be twice the volume level output with good sound then stock......All front stock speakers can handle it, the rears need to be changed out...If you are happy with the stock amp then just replace just the sub to like a 200w kicker 10" sub and be done with it..I wanted more base so I went with the after market amp...I am happy with it...

You're in L.A. Just find someone to re-cone the original. That's what I did. Talk to some guys on the music scene. They blow their sh*t out all the time and they should know a good re-coner. The speaker will sound as good as new. I re-coned every speaker in my '93. It sounds killer. That way you arent wondering about compatibility. If I remember right, that bass is like an 8 ohm. Kind of an odd-ball. Lexus and the Nakamichi designers knew what they were doing when they came up with this system and I wouldn't get into trying to jack with adding after-market this and that... unless, of course, you are willing to jerk the whole system and start fresh. Then you could probably do something real nice... but $$$. If you go my route the 4" ers ran $25 and the center bass was $45. Haven't had anymore issues. If you have problems finding a good guy and want to use my dude, give him a ring. It may take a little while to get them back (2 weeks on mine), as he's usually up to his eyeballs in work, which is always a good sign. He's kind of a legend here among people in the music scene. They all go to him... and pretty much him alone.

Allen's Speaker Re-Coning

919w 19th ST

Houston, TX 77008

713-862-2747

I have never heard of re-coning the speakers, cool......I didn't think that was possible....I agree if you plan to stick with the stock system and stock AMP you may choose to re-cone instead of replace..... However, a mild kicker Sub woofer to match the stock amp power output will perform just as nice as the stock sub if not better...I am living proof of that...I first just changed my sub woofer only while using the stock AMP...Sounded perfect and there was no sub woofer distortion at full volume....I then decided for $200 more I would double the power output with a new Kicker KX amp. THat price included installation......A year later my system still rocks, and sounds way better then stock......

I would also recommend getting a high-end tint job done on your windows. From your pic I can see daylight through your car. Get the fronts maximum legal and limo-out the rear quarters and back. I decided to do this when I put new leather in my car and it is going to benefit the speakers as well. It only takes a couple of Houston summers to start breaking down the speaker material, running the risk of tearing when you crank it. Putting a good metallic blended tint (Llumar was the brand I went with.. Ran about $200 for my SC) on your windows is a lifesaver for your cars interior, not to mention you. Entering my car after it had been sitting in a parking lot for a few hours used to be a nightmare. The tint has cut the heat by about 50%.

www.llumar.com

I would also recommend getting a high-end tint job done on your windows. From your pic I can see daylight through your car. Get the fronts maximum legal and limo-out the rear quarters and back. I decided to do this when I put new leather in my car and it is going to benefit the speakers as well. It only takes a couple of Houston summers to start breaking down the speaker material, running the risk of tearing when you crank it. Putting a good metallic blended tint (Llumar was the brand I went with.. Ran about $200 for my SC) on your windows is a lifesaver for your cars interior, not to mention you. Entering my car after it had been sitting in a parking lot for a few hours used to be a nightmare. The tint has cut the heat by about 50%.

www.llumar.com

A complete 3M, Johnsons, or Llumar tint on all 5 windows of your Lexus SC400 runs no more than $120 at California Tint. 4325 North Rosemead Blvd, Rosemead. CA. Any shade and any material. They're really famous for all the entire San Gabriel Valley, but the waiting list is ridiculous sometimes. I chose the office building mirror tint for my SC.