Gx470 Features Help

rsingleton

Since nobody at my Lexus dealership knows how to operate my truck, I figured I would try a discussion list.

I have a fully loaded GX470, but my main problem I have with it is with the Rear Seat Entertainment system. Hopefully, someone can tell me that I'm just not doing something correctly.

I have a 3 year old who watches movies every time she is in the car, she is the only one in the back seat, and can't operate the remote control by herself.

1) If the screen is down and movie playing, everytime I turn of the car and turn it back on, the rear screen is OFF, but the movie is playing (b/c I hear it). Is there a way to turn the rear screen ON from the front console so that I don't have to reach around and find the remote everytime I want to turn it on. There is an option under "Display" from the front console that lets you turn it off, but you can't turn it back on. I did notice that sometimes the screen will come on automatically, but I dont' know when. I think it's when I put in a new DVD. If the rear screen came on automatically when I turned the car back on, this would be good also.

2) Since security features disable watching the movie on the front screen while driving (trying to find a way to disable this), I have a problem when I have to restart the movie after it's over. There is no ability to navigate the DVD options from the front while the car is moving (i.e menu to replay movie) I have to reach around witht he remote, try to look at the screen in the back, press menu, find the right button, and hit play, all while I'm trying to drive. (I know is sounds dangerous, but pulling over on the highway just to reset a movie is kinda daunting). The only thing you can do from the front is track up and track down. Get you operate the onscreen menu options somehow when the truck is moving.

3) When plugging in a third party video source, (i.e. video camera or play station) you only get sound from the wireless headphones, you can't get the sound to come through the cars speakers. Is this true (this is what Lexus told me). Why would this be. If I'm playing a video camera, I'm sure more than 2 people might want to hear it.

Thanks for anyone that can be of assistance.

everythibng you mentioned sounds just like leagal issues for a car manufacturer

so tehy make it "safe"

the problems are across the board with almost every car with a lcd screen

reason why i have an aftermarket one

the headphones

i think you are stuck with for out puts

it may take a rewire of the system

the dvd plays only to keep it paused

so you can get out for a bit and resart

the screen shuts off

as it is a remote powered unit meaning

you would need to add a switch and battery constant to get it to work all the time

and that is the easiest of these problems to tackle

the remote problem

might be easier if you got a small reflector and aimed it to face rearwards and against another miror especially if you have an oversized rear view mirro it would work great