Wire Plug Needs A Home

branlday

While working in my engine compartment I found a wire that either I bumped loose or was already loose. The problem is that I can't find a female plug for it anywhere. It is two yellow wires with a white connector coming out of the main wire conduit that runs along the rear valve cover. It is not the wire that connects to the rear O2 sensor.

Someone here must know where this wire goes!

post-27191-1155796655_thumb.jpg

post-27191-1155796682_thumb.jpg

post-27191-1155796698_thumb.jpg

While working in my engine compartment I found a wire that either I bumped loose or was already loose. The problem is that I can't find a female plug for it anywhere. It is two yellow wires with a white connector coming out of the main wire conduit that runs along the rear valve cover. It is not the wire that connects to the rear O2 sensor.

Someone here must know where this wire goes!

Looks a bit like the jack to the variable speed valve in the steering pininon.

Thanks xxxavier2k! I could not find "variable speed valve" in the FSM but you did help me narrow down my search. I focused on the Steering pinion area and found a socket (with my hand not my eyes) that the wire fit.

The great thing is that this wire appears to be the wire that communicates with the fan soloniod to tell the cooling fan to speed up. My car has always run one tick above the middle of the temp guage, but after I bumped this wire loose, it kept over heating to the red, even with the AC on. After plugging this wire back in, the fan started speeding up automatically like it used to and now the guage is back to one tick above middle.

Now I just need to figure out what to do to get the car running in the middle of the temp guage like it should be??

Will do.

I already replaced the main radiator cap because it was pretty badly deteriorated but not the engine outlet cap. I also replaced the thermostat with the genuine 82 Deg C Toyota part. I found an aftermarket 78 Deg C on the car so it looks like the previous owner already tried to fix the problem.

Not sure what the pressure caps are, I could not find them in the FSM. Is that another word for the radiator caps?

And how do I check the radiator? I drained it to replace the thermostat and the coolant didn't have too much rust or sludge. When the car is running, the air that the fan pulls through is warm so I think it is displacing the heat like it should. Maybe it is not displacing the heat fast enough or good enough.

Probably just a different manuf's thermostat. The differance there is very minor. The Toyota thermostat begins to open at 179.6*F, that one 172.4*F. If you were trying to fix a prolbem. You'd go straight for the drop in 160*F one in my book LoL!

Make sure the whole radiator is circulating coolant. Make sure it isn't clogged with debris, or has any cool spots.

There's always the water pump too.

Ofcorse... The coolant temps ensor could be malfunctioning & going out of spec aswell. That you can check with an ohm meter & thermometer.

13.5psi to 17.8psi - radiator

The cap on the engine is 12.1psi to 16.4psi