Race Track?

Hey guys I was thinking about taking the IS 350 on a track and running some laps, my friend says that in order to avoid brake fading I would need some R-compound brakes and upgrade the sway bars and some other stuff, is this true? I think the IS would be able to run no problem. What about you?

well its not like your going to be really "racing" the car...

i think it would be fine...but maybe wanna upgrade the brakea a little , brembo or something so that you can stop in time :P

LMAO true...But it is a race why use the brakes at all :D kidding of course :D

Are you in a real race or just a lapping day ?

Upgrading your pads will help but i would just take it easy and feel out the car first.

It would be just a lapping day...But my friend is trying to talk me into doing autocross which sounds cool....But the begginier stuff not the one where you can crash into walls SO NOT COOL :wacko: And tare the brake pads a necessity to upgrade?

well no...but brake fading will be a problem especially if you use lexus oem parts. well i did hear that hte 350 gets special high friction pads so maybe not. I wish we had a track here near me...i think have to drive a few hundred miles to get to one.

Keep the stock brakes etc until your skills reach a level that exceeds the car and then start to upgrade. I think the car in stock form is adequate for getting started into autocross. There's a guy in Miami who has been winning his class with no mods to his suspension or brakes.

Keep the stock brakes etc until your skills reach a level that exceeds the car and then start to upgrade. I think the car in stock form is adequate for getting started into autocross. There's a guy in Miami who has been winning his class with no mods to his suspension or brakes.

Yea, I wanted to keep it stock, and I will. My friend was just adament about upgrading...I think he underestimates Lexus...Probably because he spent so much money upgrading his car he feels that the Lexus would need to as well, good thing he's wrong :D The guy in miami drives an IS 350 right? And can anyone confirm the special high friction brakes?

Yea, I wanted to keep it stock, and I will. My friend was just adament about upgrading...I think he underestimates Lexus...Probably because he spent so much money upgrading his car he feels that the Lexus would need to as well, good thing he's wrong :D The guy in miami drives an IS 350 right? And can anyone confirm the special high friction brakes?

It's Meteoro in Miami. He drives a IS350. The stock front brakes are the same size as those from the GS plus 4 piston calipers and high friction pads.

It's Meteoro in Miami. He drives a IS350. The stock front brakes are the same size as those from the GS plus 4 piston calipers and high friction pads.

SWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT :cheers:

I agree with barkat wholeheartedly. Keep it stock until you can notice a descrepancy. Even the base model 350 will be more than sufficient. Lexus doesn't really do a "base model" but you have to call it something.

Have fun on the track!!

I agree with barkat wholeheartedly. Keep it stock until you can notice a descrepancy. Even the base model 350 will be more than sufficient. Lexus doesn't really do a "base model" but you have to call it something.

Have fun on the track!!

HA HA HA AH AAH I like the comment about the "base model" so true...And yea that's what I'll do :D :cheers: