Working On '93 Instrument Cluster

I have the cluster out, want to fix it if I can.

I count 24 bulbs in the thing. Should I replace them all while I'm in there? Are they all the same bulb? Is there any significance to the colors of the bulb holders -- black, blue, gray, green?

My odometer is dark, completely off. Can I get a replacement for just that part? From the dealer? Will I have to have it programmed at the dealer? (I don't really care about the mileage reading, it's the trip and distance parts I want.) Is there any common problem with the circuit board that is causing the odomenter to not work that I can repair?

Other than the dead needles, is there anything else I should fix while I'm in there?

Actually I do have one needle question. Should I use a clamp (surgical) to hold the needle posts so I know exactly where to reinstall the needles, or do they stay still after the needles are removed so all I will need is a picture?

Thanks in advance,

JM

I have the cluster out, want to fix it if I can.

I count 24 bulbs in the thing. Should I replace them all while I'm in there? Are they all the same bulb? Is there any significance to the colors of the bulb holders -- black, blue, gray, green?

My odometer is dark, completely off. Can I get a replacement for just that part? From the dealer? Will I have to have it programmed at the dealer? (I don't really care about the mileage reading, it's the trip and distance parts I want.) Is there any common problem with the circuit board that is causing the odomenter to not work that I can repair?

Other than the dead needles, is there anything else I should fix while I'm in there?

Actually I do have one needle question. Should I use a clamp (surgical) to hold the needle posts so I know exactly where to reinstall the needles, or do they stay still after the needles are removed so all I will need is a picture?

Thanks in advance,

JM

I just recently replaced some bulbs in my cluster, i only replaced the rmp and speed lights, my other lights were fine. they were all the same voltage. there is no significance in the bulb holders color.

i think the dealership will charge you for the whole cluster, they won't sell you just the odometer part. your best bet is get one from a junkyard.

the needles are too expensive to replace, the cheapest fix is paint it with glow in the dark / florencent paint. then get those small LED lights that plug in your dash to light the cluster area.

use the search function and look for remove needle instruction.