96 Es300 Passenger Window Problem!

thadon

hello everyone!

i have owned a 96 es300 for about 6 years now, and about a month ago, my passenger window stopped going up strangely, the window will go down... i had the window rolled down a little bit before it decided to stop working so there is a small openining there forever, lol. i have already called the mechanic and they want to charge $600 for parts and labor! i think this is a ridiculous amount of money for something that seems like a small electrical problem. does anyone know what the problem might be, and if it there is an easy way to fix it?

thanks!!

hello everyone!

i have owned a 96 es300 for about 6 years now, and about a month ago, my passenger window stopped going up strangely, the window will go down... i had the window rolled down a little bit before it decided to stop working so there is a small openining there forever, lol. i have already called the mechanic and they want to charge $600 for parts and labor! i think this is a ridiculous amount of money for something that seems like a small electrical problem. does anyone know what the problem might be, and if it there is an easy way to fix it?

thanks!!

when you press the button, does the motor work and respond with some sound? if so then you'll need to replace the window regulator. if not you'll need to replace both the window motor and regulator. it is easy do it yourself work. i did a lot of these in college, i had a nissan maxima, they were known for window regulators failing. the plastic part broke and the whole thing fail, the new ones have better designs now.

hello everyone!

thanks!!

when you press the button, does the motor work and respond with some sound? if so then you'll need to replace the window regulator. if not you'll need to replace both the window motor and regulator. it is easy do it yourself work. i did a lot of these in college, i had a nissan maxima, they were known for window regulators failing. the plastic part broke and the whole thing fail, the new ones have better designs now.

there is no sound so that means i have to replace both motor and regulator? i am thinking it might be a wiring problem since the window still goes down.

hello everyone!

thanks!!

there is no sound so that means i have to replace both motor and regulator? i am thinking it might be a wiring problem since the window still goes down.

How do you know if the window still goes down? do you push your window up and then push the button down?

Try and wiggle the button , I had a similar problem with a pin under the switch breaking. If i held it just right and push it would work. Eventually i got one from a Japanese car and replaced the inner of the switch button.

Try and wiggle the button , I had a similar problem with a pin under the switch breaking. If i held it just right and push it would work. Eventually i got one from a Japanese car and replaced the inner of the switch button.

hmm.. i can rule out a possibility of the controls being broken since it does not work on the driver side window controls either.

Well it is only a reverse of polarity for the motor to work , so if it works one way and not the other it would be a switch problem. They work in series and starts at the drivers control and then feeds each switch. I would try switching another window switch from a different door and see if it works.