Radiator With Air Conditioning?

slstsang

So i just ordered a new radiator. It has the option on ordering one with or without air conditioning.

the advance auto parts guy said the difference is the size. there's no extra add on on the radiator on it. is that true?

my next question is, there isa dryer near the radiator, do i need to vaccum the coolant out before i remove the old radiator? I checked the haynes manuel and it doesn't say anything about evacuating the coolant before instalation of a new radiator. has anyone install their own radiator before? i've got a 92 es300

I got a radiator from advance auto parts this morning, it has a radiator cap on top.

My question is, since our OEM radiator does not have a cap on top, the cap is near the engine block. Can i still use this radiator? (meaning running 2 caps?)

If not where can i get one for a cheap price? any recommendation?

No, you can't use that radiator without a pressure cap.

They sold you the wrong radiator. That's the 1994-1996 radiator. Feel free to bring that up & the fact that if you were to use that radiator on your car, (One without a pressurecap) it would blow up in short order. I know... I've seen Toyota dealers do it on v6 Camrys.

I got mine from Westwood Autoparts (I think it's local to b'ham) for around $60-$70+core.

Pull the bottom hose off the radiator, It'll drain some of the engine coolant (The actual engine block drain is on the back side of the engine), and dump all the coolant out of the radiator.

I'm confused....

My '93 ES300 has 2 caps (one on rad, one on engine). I had a '92 before this, it had 2 caps as well.

If yours is a '92, it should have a cap on the new radiator as far as I know. Later models only have 1 cap on the engine, none on the rad.

You should be good to go with the rad you bought if it has a cap on it.

Am I right?

tck...

ps - the cap on the rad and the one on the engine are NOT the same - different parts, if you're going to replace them you need to get the correct ones, don't just buy 2 that are alike... (I did this & had to take one back..)

- you don't need to do anything with any A/C parts to replace the rad - the cooling and A/C systems are totally separate. Just undo all the hoses and bolts on the rad and lift it out - don't disturb any of the A/C components.

I'm confused....

My '93 ES300 has 2 caps (one on rad, one on engine). I had a '92 before this, it had 2 caps as well.

If yours is a '92, it should have a cap on the new radiator as far as I know. Later models only have 1 cap on the engine, none on the rad.

You should be good to go with the rad you bought if it has a cap on it.

Am I right?

tck...

ps - the cap on the rad and the one on the engine are NOT the same - different parts, if you're going to replace them you need to get the correct ones, don't just buy 2 that are alike... (I did this & had to take one back..)

- you don't need to do anything with any A/C parts to replace the rad - the cooling and A/C systems are totally separate. Just undo all the hoses and bolts on the rad and lift it out - don't disturb any of the A/C components.

OK, i got the right radiator, now the radiator clamps are too long, so how should i fasten the radiator on the car? buy new clamps? suggestion anyone?