Best Time To Purchase New Rx350

I'm thinking of purchasing an Rx350 but don't really know if i should wait a while, or get it now. My daughter will have her license in the beginning of October, so i want it before then so i can give her the Rx300.

Will the price go down very much in the next few months? Also, will the odds of me getting "everything i want" go down if i wait too long?

I just had the Rx300 serviced yesterday and saw the one i want. What are the odds they'll still have one exactly like it in a few months?

Thanks

I heard that the period "December to remember" is the best time to buy a Lexus. They have the promotion every year during the slow sale month of December.

For what it's worth...

Carl

:unsure:

Possibly NOT because the RX350 (even though it's been out for a while now) is considered a "2007" so you know how dealers are when the year model of the vehicle is ahead of the current year. ;) Try emailing different dealers. Also, try this.

http://edmunds.nytimes.com/new/2007/lexus/...rchresults..1.*

I used this as a basis for my email inquiries when I emailed several Toyota Dealers for the 4Runner I wanted. At least you know if you're getting the vehicle CLOSE to invoice, or MSRP.

If you are in a good position to purchase it now and you want it now, buy it now. If you wait a few months, something might come up like Xmas and you may decide to even wait longer.

We (wife and I) also heard that Lexus does not give deals so planned on paying the sticker price. Not to mention that this was in May and we were trading two cars.

Well, right off the bat, they knocked a few thousand off of the sticker. Then they gave us more that we expected for our two trade in's and we took the 350 right off of the showroom floor. To us, it was a bonus..

Yes, they do make deals and yes, I'm glad that we did not wait.

Don't expect the one on the lot today will still be there in a few months, chances are, it won't be. You'll definately pay more if the dealer has to find one for you because the one you really wanted was sold.

Good luck, you'll love it!!

Ron..

also since you have a fleet of lexi it seems to me you should have an ongoing relationship with one dealer who knows you are a repeat customer, I would try for something off msrp on that basis. also just for the hell of it i always wondered if an auto buying service would find the car you want and do the haggling for you, you may investigate that. just from the little i know you from posting on this forum, now that you have seen the car i would bet money you want it more now than later, just a guess. the only other thing i can think of as a vote for later is higher gas prices affecting the sales of suv's. probably lexus is less sensitive to this than other makes however the loss of half the oil coming from the alaska pipeline until at least Jan 07 will raise gas prices on the west coast.

Actually there is actually ONE TIME that Lexus will offer deals on any new vehicle, when it's clearance time. But i highly doubt you'd wanna wait for that (probably around 08). I remember when i got my GX, i was looking at the last of the RX300s on the showroom, and they were giving $2000 off the msrp, and it was clearly typed into the sticker. So only at this time would you get a "deal" but seeing the next gen a few months later wouldn't really make you happy. ;)

Thanks guys for all the advice :)

The one i saw last week is no longer there! :angry: They actually sold it Friday night right after i left... I'm taking the LS in for service this week so I might tell them what I'm looking for so they can get it for me.

At first i thought i wanted the breakwater (my wife wants me to get that color) but now i'm not so sure. I've had the neptune blue mica on my rx330 and 400h so i'd hate to have it again...

Also i don't know which interior color i want now... I had the tan with that yellow wood before, and honestly didn't like it. I don't like the black interior, so that leaves the gray?

Anyone know if it's possible to get the ivory just with the darker wood? I really don't like the yellow wood :unsure:

lol honestly i dont like breakwater blue...its too light.

i have the brochure with me let me see it first...

according to the book you have to get the golden birds eye maple (yellow wood) with the ivory leather on the RX, but not some other models.

Ive always loved black leather for some reason, and the light gray isnt that bad at all. with those colors you can get the walnut wood trim. Also, i own the flint mica so i can tell you the color is great...im also a fan of black and the blue. good luck with that

I wish i could order the dark wood and ivory leather like that... I REALLY don't like the black and the gray with the black dash...matters well just get black! LOL

And i don't really car what color the exterior is, just as long as it's not white. I'd love black but i coulcn't keep it clean. I've always been a fan of the dark blue, even thought i think the neptune is TOO Dark... it's like a washed out gray.

I wish i could get it in a color between the indigo ink pearl (Rx300 dark blue) and the blue onyx pearl (ES, LS & GS dark blue).

I wish i could order the dark wood and ivory leather like that... I REALLY don't like the black and the gray with the black dash...matters well just get black! LOL

And i don't really car what color the exterior is, just as long as it's not white. I'd love black but i coulcn't keep it clean. I've always been a fan of the dark blue, even thought i think the neptune is TOO Dark... it's like a washed out gray.

I wish i could get it in a color between the indigo ink pearl (Rx300 dark blue) and the blue onyx pearl (ES, LS & GS dark blue).

ah the perks of ordering a BMW. you can build the car to whatever specifications you fancy. you should actually check out the new X3. they just added body color bumpers to the 06 one and facelifted it for 07. i checked out the 07 on bmwusa.com i think it looks real nice. not trying to steer you away from lexus but always keep your eyes open!

i dont like the new X3...nor any bmw for that matter...but particularly the X3. According to car magazines the worst part about the X3 is that your basically telling everyone you cant afford an X5 :P

i beg to differ the x3 actually looks really good. maybe not with the plastic black bumpers but im telling u the 07 actually looks nice. and what kinda car magazine would write that, its almost the sillyest statement ive read.

Well i talked to the dealer and they can't find the one i'm looking for... I even asked them about doing a dealer swap, but i guess this car isn't anywhere! So they're gonna "call" me in the next few days if something comes up.

After another discussion with my wife, she persuaded me to get the breakwater blue (light blue) with the gray interior. I'm also getting the nav with the DVD.

Anyone know if the rear DVD and back-up camera is the same as the one that was avail. on the rx330 for 04?

Thanks