160 Amp Alternator

Hey guys I was on ebay the other night and I came upon a 160 amp alternator for our ES300 from 97-2001 years. I was wondering what would be the benefit to having a higher amp alternator? If any.

a higher output alternator is more than capable to handle increased loads placed on it by the addition of things like an electric fan, high output ignitions, and stand alone engine controllers. A new alternator is almost a critical addition once you enter the realm of high output stereo systems also.

Stand alone engine controllers like the compressor when its on wont take power away from the engine is that what this mean?

Also a 2001-2003 Toyota Highlander alternator will bolt right on to a 94-2001 ES300 and its a 130 amp alternator.

Im thinking its stuff like boost controllers, stability controllers etc. I could be wrong though. Most people get high output alternators because of a sound system. Other than that you should be fine on a stock rated alternator unless your running tons and tons of electronics.

Im thinking its stuff like boost controllers, stability controllers etc. I could be wrong though. Most people get high output alternators because of a sound system. Other than that you should be fine on a stock rated alternator unless your running tons and tons of electronics.

What about the air conditioner, it takes away power from the engine when its on would the higher amp alternator eliminate that?

No. The A/C compressor is still going to take almost 10bhp to drive. Just like the alternator. Alternators take mechanical power from the engine. They don't give it back.

By stand alone, they mean stand alone engine management, and stand alone ignition systems. Which is completely retarded, as overall power requirements for even the largest ignition systems is still low.

From your discription, the seller sounds like a tard just looking to sell something. I would be inclined to believe it's just the normal 80-90amp alt.