92 Sc400 Stereo Does Not Work

Hi all,

I have a 92 Sc400 and my stereo does not work at all - I have tried replacing the fuse and pretty much as I am putting the fuse in it breaks on me.

Any thoughts on how this can be fixed? I'll take it into a shop if need be, but would like to try to do the work myself.

Thanks

Kevin

Odds are a drainage tube from the gas door split and leaked water on your amp shorting it out. Maybe re-connect and let it dry out for a couple days and try the fuse again...

I concur, The amp location is deplorable in the early sc's. They always get wet and fry. If you find out that is the problem I will get you a amp that works with the waterproofing instructions. ;)

Thanks guys - the stereo hasnt been working for a while... so I'd imagine it's probably completely fried at this point if it has been wet for that long.

If I take it out completely should I be able to replace the fuse and atleast of the stereo unit work (understanding the speakers won't)?

Thanks.

Thanks guys - the stereo hasnt been working for a while... so I'd imagine it's probably completely fried at this point if it has been wet for that long.

If I take it out completely should I be able to replace the fuse and atleast of the stereo unit work (understanding the speakers won't)?

Thanks.

Replace the amp and it will come to life. ;)

So, I have instructions on how to take the amp out... how do I know if it's fried???

Thanks again!

Bring it to a reputable stereo shop and have it tested. It shouldn't cost you anything. ;)

Ok - so you're right - the amp is fried (there is rust on it) how do i go about ordering a new one and waterproofing?

I can get an amp with instructions for you.

How much?

nakamichi or pioneer. cd changer or no cd changer ?

Ok - so you're right - the amp is fried (there is rust on it) how do i go about ordering a new one and waterproofing?

How much?

Nakamichi - my cd changer seems to work fine. What nakamichi amps are compatable with the SC400 sound system?

How much?

Nakamichi - my cd changer seems to work fine. What nakamichi amps are compatable with the SC400 sound system?

themiller, Sorry I don't have an amp at this time, I will keep looking.

Odds are a drainage tube from the gas door split and leaked water on your amp shorting it out. Maybe re-connect and let it dry out for a couple days and try the fuse again...

I concur, The amp location is deplorable in the early sc's. They always get wet and fry. If you find out that is the problem I will get you a amp that works with the waterproofing instructions. ;)

I've already replaced mine. What waterproofing procedures do you advise? Thanks in advance.

I've already replaced mine. What waterproofing procedures do you advise? Thanks in advance.

Where were you able to find your amp I am currently looking for one as well!

Where were you able to find your amp I am currently looking for one as well!

Check your email.