My Gs Got Hit While It Was Parked!

My GS just got hit yesterday while it was parked outside of a tennis court. I don't know when it happened but when I went back to my car I saw a big dent on the rear, driver side quarter panel right by the bumper. I added a picture of the accident.

Do you guys think this will cost a lot to repair???

I never thought I would get into an accident with my GS... I've always been so careful. At least no one was hurt though.

Thanks...

post-17349-1154975015_thumb.jpg

My GS just got hit yesterday while it was parked outside of a tennis court. I don't know when it happened but when I went back to my car I saw a big dent on the rear, driver side quarter panel right by the bumper. I added a picture of the accident.

Do you guys think this will cost a lot to repair???

I never thought I would get into an accident with my GS... I've always been so careful. At least no one was hurt though.

Thanks...

I am soooooo sad to see damage on a lex. It looks like a truck or a vehicle that is much higher was turning around and backed into your gs :cries: Are there security cameras around the courts ? Our private club has them that is why I ask. Again SORRY to hear that you got a hit and run. :censored:

Sucks!!!!!

:censored: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

Just had a guy come into our office and he has a new Toyota Truck...looks like a Box Truck hit him...$2,500 estimate! We had him contact the Store that he was at, to look at the surveillance tapes...but unfortunately he was parked in a area that was not covered by the camera...he filed a police report and turned it in on his policy...$250.00 deductible in MD...Not sure about NY but I would imagine you might not want to file it!

Sorry about the bad luck!

I'm sorry to see the damage to your GS. :( It's a little hard to see the damage on my computer, but from what I see, the rear bumper looks folded over on its edge, and the rear quarter panel seems to be fairly creased. If the bumper is folded over, then it would need to be replaced along with the chrome insert moulding. The quarter panel: hopefully it could be straightened and repainted. Cost for everything could easily be $2000 depending upon what needs to happen with the quarter panel (repair vs replace). If it needs to be replaced then you may be looking at around $2500-$3000 depending on the body shop labor rates where you live. (Those prices are based on Dallas labor rates of $38/hr, but it can vary state to state for body work).

Anyway, good luck with the repair! Make sure you get advice on where to go from your dealership, and/or friends who have had work done. The insurance company may want you to go somewhere that is better financially for them, but who may not necessarily do the best work.

I'm sorry to see the damage to your GS. :( It's a little hard to see the damage on my computer, but from what I see, the rear bumper looks folded over on its edge, and the rear quarter panel seems to be fairly creased. If the bumper is folded over, then it would need to be replaced along with the chrome insert moulding. The quarter panel: hopefully it could be straightened and repainted. Cost for everything could easily be $2000 depending upon what needs to happen with the quarter panel (repair vs replace). If it needs to be replaced then you may be looking at around $2500-$3000 depending on the body shop labor rates where you live. (Those prices are based on Dallas labor rates of $38/hr, but it can vary state to state for body work).

Anyway, good luck with the repair! Make sure you get advice on where to go from your dealership, and/or friends who have had work done. The insurance company may want you to go somewhere that is better financially for them, but who may not necessarily do the best work.

Everyone,

Thanks so much for the advice/comments/sympathy. I will definitely talk with the dealer tomorrow about good body shops. Luckily I have full coverage and will only have to pay a $500 deductible.

Once I get a good estimate I will let you all know how things go. Look for updates to come.

I would contact a local paintless dent removal guy to take a look at it and see if he can remove the dent. It may not be that bad as well the bumper can easily be reworked flat and just blend the small area. If you are lucky $500 will bring it back to spec.

My dad had the identical hit (but not quite as bad as yours) on his 98 LS, such a shame and so infuriating that people would damage other's property and not own up to it.

As far as cost, his was about $1100, in order to make that type of repair match they have to paint up over the whole roofline and up to the rain channel unless you want them to blend, and silver is near impossible to blend. So thats repair the damage to the metal, and paint the whole area from A pillar (windshield pillar) back up over the doors and the rear quarter panel. His $1100 did not include replacing the bumper cover which looks like its neccisary here, thats going to be another $600 or so. So I'd say $1700-$2000 to do it right with tinted and matched paint with no blending. $1000 on the cheap if they just colorspray that area after repair and blend to clear over that whole area (this will not look right on silver).

The good news? Since it was a hit and run its no fault on your insurance...

No way you can fix that with PDR.

I wish i had pics of my before , I was hit a few months ago by an 18 wheeler on my left 1/4 also by the bumper line made a 20 inch bend. It is now 80% removed and the rest will be worked on slowly as i have time. I was able to wetsand and polish the paint back to almost new. Manuipulating metal is hard work but can be done.

I would contact a local paintless dent removal guy to take a look at it and see if he can remove the dent. It may not be that bad as well the bumper can easily be reworked flat and just blend the small area. If you are lucky $500 will bring it back to spec.

That is not something a paintless dent guy can do the creases are too sharp.Good luck

I wish i had pics of my before , I was hit a few months ago by an 18 wheeler on my left 1/4 also by the bumper line made a 20 inch bend. It is now 80% removed and the rest will be worked on slowly as i have time. I was able to wetsand and polish the paint back to almost new. Manuipulating metal is hard work but can be done.

Yeah but you have a friend who is willing to put the time in to really work on the panel, no PDR shop is going to touch that. I took my dad's to a couple and they all just dismissed it immediately as needing a body shop.