Windshield Repair Kits

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has used one of those windshield repair kits for "star" cracks. I have a small star about the size of a penny on my windshield.... :(

How well do they work? I read on the JC Whitney site that they work fine but if you do the repair in the winter, the filler that is used will expand in the summer and crack your windshield even more. If anyone has any experience they could share, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks...

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has used one of those windshield repair kits for "star" cracks. I have a small star about the size of a penny on my windshield.... :(

How well do they work? I read on the JC Whitney site that they work fine but if you do the repair in the winter, the filler that is used will expand in the summer and crack your windshield even more. If anyone has any experience they could share, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks...

Have it done by a professional. Does your insurance cover all glass ? Personally I would replace the windshield with OEM product. ;)

Hi all,

thanks...

Have it done by a professional. Does your insurance cover all glass ? Personally I would replace the windshield with OEM product. ;)

I had a small rock chip in my window! Got it repaired and you really have to know where to look for it to see anything at all! Most insurance companies do not count small comp claims against you...and again most companies...if your windshield can be repaired they will even waive your deductible if you have one.

As DC said I would not fool with the kits...get it fixed by a Glass Shop! But get it fixed before it spreads...if it spreads then you will have to get a new windshield!

:D

I did the repairs in the summer ,i think as it has atleast been over 5 years since i used them.

Once done properly it fills the star enough to stop the cracking and make it more transparent.

For a few dollars more you can get it done by a pro also with a proper evacuator to remove air and fill.