Air Conditioning For 93 300

I am curious if the a/c system is depleted of freon, does the compressor have a cut off switch? Here's what is happening. I want to recharge a/c system; however, the compressor is not running and the green light on the dash control is not flashing as stated in the manual if compressor is not running. I thought the compressor had to be running to recharge? To my knowledge, the compressor is not bad.

Any help would be appreciated!

I am curious if the a/c system is depleted of freon, does the compressor have a cut off switch? Here's what is happening. I want to recharge a/c system; however, the compressor is not running and the green light on the dash control is not flashing as stated in the manual if compressor is not running. I thought the compressor had to be running to recharge? To my knowledge, the compressor is not bad.

Any help would be appreciated!

all 1993 cars have r134a, the ones that you can get from walmart. R12s are illegal and you can't buy them except for mechanic shops.

all 1993 cars have r134a, the ones that you can get from walmart. R12s are illegal and you can't buy them except for mechanic shops.

I would not say that. I still have 34 lbs of R12! :) Most people bought A LOT before the cut off date about 8 years ago.

My 93 ES300 had R-12 from the factory. I had it converted to 134a last summer.

Lots of R-12 "recharge kits" available on ebay, last time I checked. Probably old stock that someone has had sitting on a shelf for years... I wouldn't buy it.

tck....

Incorrect. The Camry platform did not convert to R134a until the mid generation update for 1995. R12 was used through the end of the 94 production run.

I would buy freeze 12 before converting to 134a. R12 isn't illegal. It simply requires a liscence to buy.

Incorrect. The Camry platform did not convert to R134a until the mid generation update for 1995. R12 was used through the end of the 94 production run.

I would buy freeze 12 before converting to 134a. R12 isn't illegal. It simply requires a liscence to buy.

You're right, the conversion from r-12 to r134a 's dead line was 1995. however, r-12 is one of those "illegal" items that you cannot bring back from Canada.

Yeah I agree with Toysrme ans sls about the '93 using R12. I 've read that they are conversion kits available for the change over to the more ozone friendly R134a. They don't work well together at all!!!.

Anyways when the refrigerant is depleted the compressor does not run. You have to first recharge at the high side (lhs close to the charcoal canister in my '93 rhd windom anyway). Look out for air bubbles!!