The Highest Mileage Gs400 Out There?

My GS400 has 147,700 miles on it. Black/black, regular service and very strong. My best vehicle ever.

99 GS 300.....Have you 100K plus owners replaced the oxygen sensors (how many in total for the 300??) yet??...and the charcoal filter?? and fuel filter after removing the gas tank and fuel pump??!!%&% Just what's that noise??...should the fuel pump and filter bereplaced after 100K? My dealer has give me all the scheduled service intervals, but I don't see these items listed in the astronomical bills he issues me?? Great Car though Jim in Kalamazoo...Pls advise.

• 1 month later...
fuel filter is a lifetime part and i dunno about the pump!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

Hello

new here, my 93lexus gs has 248350 miles engine runs great, did have to have tranny rebuilt and now probs with sensors but great otherwse.

10 outta 10

5 stars

1998 GS400........280,000miles and still runnin strong!

holy *BLEEP* 280k thats nuts u wont even see mercedes or bmw pull that off anymore, sweeeet... GS's i love em

yup its a toyota, honda is the next best thing ive never heard of a euro car "bmw", or benz even comin near close EVER... i mean c'mon now...

1998 GS300 127,000 miles. Just changed the water pump and timing belt last week. One of those preventive maintenance things i've been putting off. Struts are next on my list. Changed the lower ball joints not long ago. Maine roads and winters are rough on a car. Other than that, runs like new. The freakin battery even lasted 9 years! My check engine light is on, the dealer says I need a new $400 charcoal cannister or some BS like that. I'm good with that. I put a spoiler, XM radio, an amp with a sub, and the rims off an SC430 on my car. People still ask me, what year is this car? a 2005, maybe a 2006? ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 98 GS400 with 201,830 miles. I am however worried that I should be thinking of doing a timing belt and waterpump job only because I can't verify when it was done. It is good to see so many GS400's out there with miles way past mine and going strong.

• 7 months later...
I just bought a 98 GS400 with 201,830 miles. I am however worried that I should be thinking of doing a timing belt and waterpump job only because I can't verify when it was done. It is good to see so many GS400's out there with miles way past mine and going strong.

If a lexus dealer did it there should be a record there. They can search nationally

• 2 weeks later...
200400 on my 98 GS400.

Unfortunately my alternator just went bad...thinking the dealership sabotoged when I brought her in at 200,000. Going to change PS pump too. Any advice?

My 1998 GS400 has 137K. I used to drive a 92' LS400. When the alternator went out it took the PS & water pump with it. I would check and change all at once if they haven't been changed already.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

1995 GS300 : 240,000 miles no major issues except crank pulley seal dry rotted at 235,000 and starter went out at 200,000. The only two times this car has ever put me down. I bought car with 57,000 miles on it.

1999 GS400 : 189,000 miles and still running like a beast. Starter went out at 155,000. Bought car with 99,000 miles on it.

Also, while I don't really recommend it , I never had any one of these serviced at a Lexus dealership. Found me a good back yard man that is familiar with Toyota or foreign cars and changed the oil and oil filters in them every 5,000 miles.

I plan on getting a 2006 in 2010.

• 2 weeks later...