The Highest Mileage Gs400 Out There?

• 1 month later...

GS400 200K still a great car going to keep it and rebuild trans and motor if they go.

bought it with 198K has front drivers side damage fender and light paid 1900.00 love it!

My 98 GS400 has 237k miles. Still looks good, no rust, no leaks, almost as quiet as a hybrid. One of the quietest idling V8 in the world & still runs strong like a car with 30k miles on it. Had the car 10yrs & only problem was the starter sticking & worn front end bushings. I drive everyday

• 8 months later...

228,000 and still going...runs great, 26 mpg on highway...just replaced the rims with ne reconditioned ones and new Hancock tires.. Looking to get over 300k out of the car...no rust.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1998 GS400 - 352,000 miles - Owned since new - Perfect - Service Dept's best friend - Why fly when you can drive a car like this -

Keeping it actively on the road is fun and less $$$ then a new car. V8's have become rare, and this one is a keeper! - Eugene, OR

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Mayra,

Good work!

I love putting miles on my GS400. Here in Oregon it's pretty easy. Out the door and there's the open road.

I have lots of time and routinely do about 2,000 fun miles a month. Just turned 370,000. Would like to get 500,000. We'll see.

I know the car can do it.

Roll On!

Bob S.

Eugene, OR

• 3 weeks later...

2000 GS300 just turned 176,000. Timing belt at 90K and will do it again at 180K. Front struts and sway bar bushings, one headlight bulb, two O2 sensors and the power lock actuator in the right rear door. Other than those minor issues, and the usual batteries (2), brakes and tires, absolutely no problems at all. Still runs like new and gets 27mpg on trips. My wife won't part with it.

• 2 months later...

1999 GS400:  266,500 miles.  Single owner, followed Lexus-recommended maintenance schedule.  Only unexpected issues were a leaking master brake cylinder (210,000) and leaking power steering pump (240,000).  Rear toe adjusting bolts are often rusted tight due to years of salt/ice in this climate; this has caused difficult toe adjustments as the elliptical toe bolt is getting flattened over time as mechanics torque hard to free up the bolt.  Have replaced struts twice (the second set was installed today, but the parts cost was n/c due to lifetime warranty).  Timing belt & water pump replaced at 135,000 miles and 255,000 miles (should be at 90-100K miles).  Generally do oil changes at 5K intervals.