The Highest Mileage Gs400 Out There?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering how high are the miles on your GS300/400?

I have a 1999 GS400 with 168,000 miles. I have no real complaints, but I felt the lower control arms (ball-joints) should have lasted longer than 114,000; replaced the upper control arms (ball-joints) at 164,000. I feel the GS will last a long time with little maintence.

• 1 month later...

I have 256,757 and she is running great. Only had to replace a few minor things, 4 keys..lol

Also just had to replace the outer tie rod ends because a tire kingdom tech f'd them up trying to do an alignment.

My car has great service records. As long as you keep up with the services they will run forever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1998 GS400 - 165000 miles. I bought it at 96000. Had to put new struts, tie rods, starter, alternator, a/c compressor, drier, timing belt, waterpump - and then the ususal like tires etc. I have had the car for 5 years now and think have put about 7000 bucks in repairs in it. Have been very dissappointed by this Lexus reliability wise. I do still like it power and the interior and exterior condition is pretty good for a 1998 so am gonne keep it perhaps till 200K miles. My next car will certainly not be Lexus.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

98GS400 Just hit 70k. Bought it a year ago with 47k. All dealer maintenance...Flawless performance and luxury. Money well spent..

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at 1995 gs300 touting with 278000 on the clock 1 owner and a shoe box full of maintenance records.

It has had a ton of $$$$ put into the care of the car.

It does need a rack & pinion 615.00 parts and labor and soon upper control arms. Took it to my mechanic today and all looks pretty good. Motor is so quite and smooth

Was at $2500 but after inspection dropped to $2000

Will test drive tomorrow .

If all goes well going to offer $1700.

So i would say this is High Mileage

Will keep ya all informed as things transpire.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a '99 GS 400 with 183,244 miles. Had the timing chain and water pump done at 120,000 miles. Still runs like new.

What's there to do with a timing CHAIN? I just acquired an '06 GS300 with a timing chain and am looking forward to not needing to do anything to that part...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My baby a 2002 Gs300 just had her 150,000 mile birthday.

She has seen her ups and downs

- upper control arms

- abs sensors

- and a front bumper...she lost a fight with a ice patch and a mailbox :wacko:

Love the car and plan on driving her until she cant go anymore