Marks On The Spokes Of 2006 Gs Rims

Hey all,

I was detailing the GS today and when I got to the rims I noticed the sides of the spokes had big black marks on all 4 of them. I tried P21S and Zaino and the the marks would not come off.

The front of the rims were clean and looked fine, but the sides of the spokes have alot of black marks.

To me it looks like the protective coating was only sprayed on the front of the rims and not on the sides of the spokes. And now brake dust and whatever else comes off the road is adhereing to the rim.

Anyone else notice this issue?

Thanks.

-Sanj

• 2 months later...

The dealer agreed that the RIMS had a flaw in the protective coating and replaced them free of charge.

BIG THUMBS UP to Lexus service again!!! :cheers:

Hey all,

I was detailing the GS today and when I got to the rims I noticed the sides of the spokes had big black marks on all 4 of them. I tried P21S and Zaino and the the marks would not come off.

The front of the rims were clean and looked fine, but the sides of the spokes have alot of black marks.

To me it looks like the protective coating was only sprayed on the front of the rims and not on the sides of the spokes. And now brake dust and whatever else comes off the road is adhereing to the rim.

Anyone else notice this issue?

Thanks.

-Sanj