Towing With Rx

grkman1

Hello Everyone

Im a new member to this forum as I have on order a New RX330 with tow package and hitch receiver.

I own a trailmanor travel trailer that has a dry with of only 2500 lbs, when loaded it is about 3000 lbs. My question: Has anyone ever towed with an RX before? The tow rating of the new RX330 is 3500 lbs. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with it.

Thanks

George

West Palm Beach Florida

Grkman > Lexus of Palm Beach ? Bought mine from Marylin there. The RX 330s' are pretty new so you may have some problem finding someone who has broken in their RX 330 well enough to tow with.

I have an RX 300 and have been towing a Hewes flats boat (about 2,000 lbs w/ boat, engine, and trailer) on many weekends since late 1999 all across S. Floida. No problem. It tows great, plenty of power w/ the RX 300 so you won't have any problems at all with the RX 330. It's kind of nice to tow with an RX, quiet and restful.

Im getting mine through Marilyn also. They only have one coming in with the tow package at the end of the month. Did yours have the tow package? Also I couldnt get answered what is the maximum tongue weight for the hitch. My trailmanor has a tongue weight of approximately 330 lbs. I hope this isnt over.

Im glad to hear that the RX tows with no problem. I have a Grand Cherokee now with 6500 lbs towing capacity. I want something a bit more quite and luxurious. My sister and neices all have Lexuses and they all love them.

Thanks for your responce. Where in WPB are you?

George

I'm not in WPB, but in S. Miami. My RX came w/ the tow hitch as most did in '99. Not sure of my tongue weight, I think it is about 200 lbs. That drops the rear about an inch or so. Only real problem I had w/ towing was blinding other drivers at nite. Had to have Lexus of WPB adjust the headlites (for free). I'm not sure how much 330 lbs of tongue weight would drop the rear. Also, I have no way of finding that out. sorry. Maybe you can load a couple of teenagers in the

far rear to check that out.

First posting.

Just picked up my 330 Monday. To my surprise the "towing package" does not include the receiver. The package only includes: Transmission-oil cooler, heavy-duty radiator, wiring harness.

The dealer's parts department informed me that they don't even have a part number for a hitch.

Does anyone know if the capacities of the transmission and radiator are increased with this package.

I called lexus at 1-800-USA-LEXUS and they transferred me to someone who could answer my question. Seems the 04 RX330 doesnt not presently come with a hitch, just all the requirements to tow up to 3500, so you will need to get an aftermart type

Good Luck

George

I looked into both a new RX330 and used RX300's before getting my 2000 RX300. I bought the hitch for my RX300 from etrailer.com. They also have one for the RX330. Here is the info.

Hidden Hitch Class III Trailer Hitch Receiver

Quantity in Basket: none

Code: 87778

Price: $126.95

Shipping Weight: 55.00 pounds

Quantity:

Hidden Hitch Class III Round Tube Trailer Hitch

Trailer hitch is dipped in a black rust resistant coating

Custom designed for each vehicle type and model year for simple installation and better fit

Low profile design to compliment the rear contours and aerodynamic styling of today's vehicles

Trailer Hitch includes mounting hardware and easy to read installation instructions (see Typical Installation Instructions in the "detailed info" link)

Simple bolt-on installation, no welding required

2" square receiver opening

Removable drawbars and ballmounts (sold separately) eliminate banged or bruised shins and enhance the appearance when not in use

All Hidden Hitch trailer hitches meet and exceed V5, VS, CSA, and SAE J684-98 standards are inspected for quality workmanship

All Hidden Hitch trailer hitches have a limited lifetime warranty