3m Clear Bra Recommendations

I live in the Washington area and wondering if anyone has had the 3M clear coating installed onto their vehicle. The Lexus dealership is offering the service but I know I can get more coverage for a better deal after market. (they are charging me $1000 for headlights, front bumber and hood) Has anyone had it done in Seattle? Where to go or where not to go? Thanks

• 4 months later...

I live in the Washington area and wondering if anyone has had the 3M clear coating installed onto their vehicle. The Lexus dealership is offering the service but I know I can get more coverage for a better deal after market. (they are charging me $1000 for headlights, front bumber and hood) Has anyone had it done in Seattle? Where to go or where not to go? Thanks

hey, i live in Seattle and I just ordered a clear bra off ebay. thinking of working on this myself when it comes in the mail.

I just was checkn prices in NJ. They want over $750 to put it on. Its a few peices of plastic! Is it even worth it?

Has anyone put it on themselves?

It seems likes it would be just like tint, maybe harder.

Dont get me wrong, I am far from cheap when it comes to my car. But how does one justify spending over $700 on some cling wrap?

I just don't see the benefits, maybe you can help me out here.

I just was checkn prices in NJ. They want over $750 to put it on. Its a few peices of plastic! Is it even worth it?

Has anyone put it on themselves?

It seems likes it would be just like tint, maybe harder.

Dont get me wrong, I am far from cheap when it comes to my car. But how does one justify spending over $700 on some cling wrap?

I just don't see the benefits, maybe you can help me out here.

I had it done in LA for about $450 from a licensed 3M installer.

Trust me, its not something you would want to do yourself unless you are ready for a long day of squeezing bubbles out of the film.

the installers have custom cutters that will cut the film to fit the IS, which btw, is not easy to install due to the fog lights and all that curvature on the lower hood.

Black cars cost more than lighter cars, but white ones need more attention than most other colors because clearbra usually starts to yellow in a few years if not treated properly.

I suggest checking on 3M's website http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_U...Find_Installer/ and find an installer near you so that you can start comparing installation prices.

I am happy with the clearbra that I got, now I wont have to worry about the truck or SUV in front of me whipping up rock chips or road debris that would damage my paint job. If done right, the clearbra is basically unnoticible.

I have the 3M plastic bra on a 2006 IS350 and I wouldn't be without it. I have the front end completely covered including the headlights, fog lights, backs of side mirrors and under the door handles (stops all that scratching). Cost about $600 and is well worth it, even helps with bugs - they come off much easier. Some care is necessary, it will scratch and mar. My installer recommended Meguiar's Gold and it seems to do the job.