Lexus Vs. Bmw

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've finally talked my best friend into buying a Lexus!!! :D

She's loved BMW for years but is ready to make a change after hearing all the great feedback from Lexus drivers, me in particular! (And she's disgusted with the high price of BMW maintenance)

I do have the JD Powers 7/03 Consumer Report but was wondering if anyone else can refer me to other articles.

Thanks so much! :)

I did a lot of research before I bought my CPO Lexus (2000 Lexus ES 300 Platinum Series). The following links offer reviews and opinions from actual owners and professional reviews.

http://www.edmunds.com

http://www.epinions.com

http://www.carreivew.com

http://autos.msn.com/

When you get to the sites, just search for the Lexus model you are inerested in.

My experience tells me that:

1. BMW is always going to be a better drivers car, always going to have better handling and a more neutral powertrain.

2. BMW is always going to be more prestigious and elitest because of their desire to build low sales volume specialty vehicles like the M line, manual transmissions and the V12 7 series. Toyota has never been interested in this.

3. Lexus is always going to be more affordable.

4. Lexus is always going to be more reliable and have lower maintenance.

5. Lexus is always going to be smoother and more luxurious.

It just depends on what is important to you.

I guess that it depends what you are looking for in a car. If you love superb engineering and a sports car appeal, the BMW is for you. It is quick, nimble, and has all the appointments of an upscale vehicle. It's road hugging capability does result in a more bumpy ride. If you want a smooth ride and convenient luxury, get a Lexus. Personally I like the smooth ride and luxurious appointments of the Lexus.

Personally I like the smooth ride and luxurious appointments of the Lexus.

Yep. Me too. In my hectic life, my car is my sanctuary. :)

I don't want to race you. I don't want a wing thing on the back of my trunk. I don't want my music blasting. (Ok well sometimes, and if it is, it's most likely Jazz). I'm not even interested in installing the system (amp + speaker box) in this car that I had in my 92 ES. I'm more than happy with the stock system.

Additionally, I request that all passengers in my car speak as little as possible. J/K And if you tailgate me because you think I'm going to slow, guess what: I am. I'm trying to relax. LOL Keep tailgating and I'm going to slow down even more. <_<

But I digress...

This is why I have the car that I have. My life isn't smooth. My car, however, IS. Very. Both literally and figuratively ;)

lol..so your one of them guys who slows down when im creeping up!!!i hate that!lol.it drives me so crazy i want to ram the car sometimes but most of the times its someone in there late 70s who is driving 40 in a 65mph speed zone.the worst is when there in the left lane and wont move!thats when i turn the high beams on and watch them messing with the mirror and finally step aside!lol

lol..so your one of them guys who slows down when im creeping up!!!i hate that!lol.it drives me so crazy i want to ram the car sometimes but most of the times its someone in there late 70s who is driving 40 in a 65mph speed zone.

LOL - yep, that's me altho I'm far from being in my late 70's ;)

If you think it's frustrating for you there in Philly imagine the road rage I probably cause here in So Cal!!! :whistles:

Kind of along the same lines, WHY do people get so mad when you slow down to park or make a right hand turn? I mean, I have my blinker on and yet 9 times out of ten the driver behind me gets major 'tude and speeds around behind me, as if I've just insulted their mother or something!! Sheesh! :rolleyes: Sometimes they even lay on their horn - people are sooo impatient!! B)

H8R Proof,

The majority of drivers are considerate road users and will move over to allow traffic to pass where possible.

I think if you're driving very leisurely in your "sanctuary" you should move over to the right lane!! I'm sure there's a reason that other drivers are giving you negative responses. You might be causing road rage because of this statement you made in a previous post,

imagine the road rage I probably cause here in So Cal!!!
The fact that you said that leads me to believe that you're an inconsiderate driver! :angry:

I think if you're driving very leisurely in your "sanctuary" you should move over to the right lane!!

Most of the time, that IS where I am

The fact that you said that leads me to believe that you're an inconsiderate driver! :angry:

My statement was somewhat embellished for the sake of entertainment. I happen to be a very considerate driver. Are you? I've truly never been the cause or victim of real road rage. Furthermore, I'm in Cali and you're in NY. You don't have anything to worry about. :rolleyes:

LOL love Santa Monica dislike downtown LA

love the fact that you can drive from santa monica to orange county which is 50 miles +/_ and it can take from 11.2 hours to 4hours. Major traffic and major opportunities for road rage.

Oh by the way drove the BMW 3 series and 5 series. Fine driving machines but I concur with all of the above people that said it was a harder more sports car type ride and the interior appointments don't compare with the Lexus.

I also drove both. The 3 was way too small and sporty for me. The 5 was nice, still too sporty and too expensive. Niether appealed to me at all. I can give them the nod for being fantastic sports sedans, but I wouldn't want one.