Reset Maint Reqd Soon Light ?

ronsou

My LS430 is coming up to 20K miles. The Maint Reqd Soon message light has come on. The owners manual just shows this maintenance as an oil change, tire rotation, and maybe air conditioning filter.

Its more convenient for me to have my local, trusted mechanic do this sort of thing than to take it into the dealer. But if I do that, how can I turn OFF that message light ? I went thru the video screen, and found a Maintenance section, and it has a way to reset the counters. But doing that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the indicator light - they seem to be separate systems entirely. I've search the owners manual and do not find this.

Thanks.

My LS430 is coming up to 20K miles. The Maint Reqd Soon message light has come on. The owners manual just shows this maintenance as an oil change, tire rotation, and maybe air conditioning filter.

Its more convenient for me to have my local, trusted mechanic do this sort of thing than to take it into the dealer. But if I do that, how can I turn OFF that message light ? I went thru the video screen, and found a Maintenance section, and it has a way to reset the counters. But doing that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the indicator light - they seem to be separate systems entirely. I've search the owners manual and do not find this.

Thanks.

I perform almost all of my '04 LS 430 maintenance myself (I am an aerospace engineer and I so I enjoy doing these). Anyway, in order to reset maintenance lights, here is the procedure:

1. Turn ignition switch on ( do not start car)

2. Press "Trip" button to display odometer display only (press it 2 or 3 times to get correct display)

3. Turn off engine

4. Press "Reset" button

5. Turn ignition switch on as in "1" above while holding down "Reset" button till "Maintenance Required" display disappears.

Hope this helps. You can also call the Lexus dealership service to get other service related info or call me for other user info

Goodluck

guds