New To Lexus Brand

Hi,everybody.As it says above I'm new to Lexus,well,actually I'm thinking to get a Lexus.I'm looking at gs400.

On my budget I can get a car little bit below the 100K mark.Just wondering what are the common problems with these cars at high miles(I know Lexus is reliable but still..)and what kind of maintenance I should expect.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.Oh,and what to look for when shopping for a used Lexus?

Hi, welcome to the LOC and to Lexus!

The first thing you should do is spend some time reading around here, looking back through the pages of the GS forum will give you a great framework of common issues with this car and things to look out for when shopping for one.

The only problem I have had is with the door lock actuator. This is a known problem with this car (Toyota in general). Go through the forum and you will many others have faced this problem.

Part- $250 labor- maybe $75-100 ??

Another issue I have read about is noise from behind the dash/vent....sounds like loose change moving around etc...I hear this in my car also but doesnt annoy me enough to find out what it is. I have read many posts about this issue but never really cared to resolve because there are so many different solutions/ troubleshooting techniques.

Overall, the GS line is great. No major problems at all and runs like a charm. SWOES300 is correct, go through the forum and see what other issues people have posted. But in the past year or so I have been visiting this forum, the issues above I would say are the most covered.

Welcome to LOC!

Hi,everybody.As it says above I'm new to Lexus,well,actually I'm thinking to get a Lexus.I'm looking at gs400.

On my budget I can get a car little bit below the 100K mark.Just wondering what are the common problems with these cars at high miles(I know Lexus is reliable but still..)and what kind of maintenance I should expect.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.Oh,and what to look for when shopping for a used Lexus?

First of all, Welcome to the forums :cheers: You will be very happy with the gs series. These forums are chocked full of info. Read on and enjoy.