Premium Gas ?

I just purchased a 2001 ES300 in MINT condition, only 29,000 miles on it, it rides smooth as a feather I love it. I read the manual where the use of high octane gasoline is a must to keep the engine running smooth and to keep performance at it's best.

At the prices gasoline is today I am trying to find out the general consensus on this, is it really worth it to pay $3.29 the gallon of premium gasoline or is this only a recommendation and regular gas can be used without harming the lexus smooth ride and engine performance ?

thanks all

Use the lowest octane that will not ping (rattle the valves). The myth that premium gas is better for an engine is BS. Check out this site: www.trustmymechanic.com/htmlmessage21.html

Yeah the lower the Octane the more combustion there is, the more power u get, but the 1mz-fe are prone to ping with lower octane which can trigger the knock sensors. I use 91 Octane from Sunoco since there the only gas station that has 91 Octane in my area. Try using the lower octane if you here your engine knocking use the higher Octane.

Use the lowest octane that will not ping (rattle the valves). The myth that premium gas is better for an engine is BS. Check out this site: www.trustmymechanic.com/htmlmessage21.html

Yeah the lower the Octane the more combustion there is, the more power u get, but the 1mz-fe are prone to ping with lower octane which can trigger the knock sensors. I use 91 Octane from Sunoco since there the only gas station that has 91 Octane in my area. Try using the lower octane if you here your engine knocking use the higher Octane.

I was told to use the cheapest gas I can find and use FP60; This was from Dyson Anslysis (oil testing house).

I was told to use the cheapest gas I can find and use FP60; This was from Dyson Anslysis (oil testing house).

Now is this FP60 and LC20 really good, what improvements can I notice from using this additive?

[quote name='mburnickas' :pirate:

Now is this FP60 and LC20 really good, what improvements can I notice from using this additive?

I posted on Fp in your thread. Now I have used LC20 and now using AutoRX. Try to see what s better.

LC20 cleaned major crap out of my oil and I used Amsoil since I got it. I also know under the valve covers is clean. Lc will extend oil changes, lower wear numbers (big time) and keep acids / viscosity in line.

the people that is posting they use additives with your gasoline, is this using regular gasoline and the additives or you use the additivies regardless ?

you use the add in the any fuel but anything above 87 is wasting money. the Fp60 will increase burn etc.

This is what it says in my '07 ES350 Owners Manual, and also for the '06 GS300's. I don't know what it says for all other Lexus models though.

FuelRequirementsES350.jpg

This is what it says in my '07 ES350 Owners Manual, and also for the '06 GS300's. I don't know what it says for all other Lexus models though.

FuelRequirementsES350.jpg

I have a '98 ES and have used 87 octane since new with no problems. Additives can cause premature sensor problems. The only additive I use is 1 QT of Marvel Mystery Oil with every other oiul change. I have 140K miles and experience no oil usage.

My 98 says the same thing but the 87 comes first. Then the extended performance deal. You could use 87 and be fine.

From dyson testing, most fuel adds out there WILL show up in oil testing via higher wear. He stated FP60 will not show up. So far, he is right. No wear issues. When I used two other adds, 2 wear numbers went through the roof.

Problem with MMO is it does not clean or adds to the energy effect to the burn process. It lubes at best. Fp60 cleans, an anti-oxidation, lowers gel in diesel, reduces friction in fuel pump. These are some thing verified by Dyson. Now MMO, I do not know it is does anything.