Wheel Upgrade

DCV

Are there any issues to be aware of if I decide to upgrade the 16" wheels and tires on my '03 RX300 to the 18" RX330? Is the bolt pattern the same? Any calibration required for the speedometer? How will the ride be affected?

Thanks

Yup, they will fit with 235/55/18 tires, same bolt pattern 5x114.3mm

No calibration since this is actually a plus two size upgrade that keeps the overall diameter the same (lower profile tires on taller rims vs higher profile tires on lower rims).

Comfort, will be slightly decreased (you lose an inch of rubber-cushion all around), unless you had stiff 16in tires. As for 235/55/18 tires, go for the Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas rated the best overall (comfort, traction, treadwear, noice). The stock Michelins are comfortable, but have poor traction in light snow, less so in the rain. The Goodyear Eagle RS-As will last you 20000 miles and are stiff.

You can check this out at tirerack.com.

I will second that vote for the Bridgestone tires. My wifes came with the Michelin tires. When they needed to be replaced we went with the Bridgestone. The ride quality is about the same but she stated they feel better in the rain and are quieter.

I will second that vote for the Bridgestone tires. My wifes came with the Michelin tires. When they needed to be replaced we went with the Bridgestone. The ride quality is about the same but she stated they feel better in the rain and are quieter.

I upgraded my tires and wheels as well; however, I did something a little bit non-traditional with my Lexus. See attached picture. I decided to install 20" rim instead of the traditional 16" or 18" factory wheels. I decided to put on the Greed Drama Type 211 20" Chrome Wheels and Hankook Ventus ST 275/40R20 XL 106W tires. Nice!

DW...

post-26322-1154213246_thumb.jpg

i think 20s would be a tight fit on a rx300....however they look good on the 330 :)

I think upgrading to the sport package Rx330 rims for the Rx300 would suffice....or you could hunt down a set of high polish rx300 rims(stock on the coach edition) they give off more shine without going towards too much 'bling'

:)