Daytime Running Lights

cmshoot

Ahh that is a different question.

You want to modify the existing one to work at will.

The easiest way is to run a pair of wires back to the relay and add a switch to have full control.

You would need to attach a wire to the DRL green wire on the relay.

Then have a diode would be needed to reconnect it to the existing circuit unless you wanted to assume full control and not have them automatic.

Then use a switch and mount it with the wire leaving and going to a ground source .

Once you turn the switch on it will send a ground back to the relay signalling to the relay that the parking brake is on so it will shut down. The diode is used to not send current back in the circuit that you are altering without affecting anything else.

It is located inside the right upper part of the dash.

As mentioned before the factory service manuals are worth there weight in gold.

I know on my BMW you can take the car in to program/de prgram DRL's. Im assuming you can do the same for Lexus? The older cars I mean (98-00). I may program my 97 BMW to have DRL's when I upgrade my headlights to the newer look. I think it looks kinda cool

thanks

I know on my BMW you can take the car in to program/de prgram DRL's. Im assuming you can do the same for Lexus? The older cars I mean (98-00). I may program my 97 BMW to have DRL's when I upgrade my headlights to the newer look. I think it looks kinda cool

thanks

Turning the DRL on/off does not appear on the list of customizable settings for the 98-00 LS400. Here is a link on ClubLexus.com on what can be customized: http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article/view/1970/1/156/

The functions that can be customized are also dependent on having the correct program card for the Lexus Diagnostic Tester. For example, the independent repair shop I use does not have a version of the program card that allows customizing the cluster and console indicator lights -- no one else has asked him to do this so he never bought the card. Even with a slightly older program card version, he was able to increase the "Illuminated Entry" setting to the maximum for me.

As the TSIB points out, some customizable options have been disabled for cars sold in North America.