Looking For 350/250 Photos

I am brand new to the forum. I am waiting on my car to get here from Japan in about 2-3 months. I am very very anxious. I ordered Silver/Black, Manual, Heated and cooled seats, Navigation, and 18" wheels and I just want more picutures of the IS. If you could, please post pictures to hold me over while I wait.

Thanks guys :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, even though I already have my IS 220d, I'd love to see especially some 350s with nice rims...

We have something called "TÜV" in Germany and it's EXTREMELY hard if not impossible to put on huge wheels (19" will give you issues). Of course, there is a way but it's expensive, is being checked by the gov't and if you don't go to the "TÜV" and have it listed in your car papers and then get pulled over...good night.

That's why I'm gonna keep my standard rims alap

Yeah, even though I already have my IS 220d, I'd love to see especially some 350s with nice rims...

We have something called "TÜV" in Germany and it's EXTREMELY hard if not impossible to put on huge wheels (19" will give you issues). Of course, there is a way but it's expensive, is being checked by the gov't and if you don't go to the "TÜV" and have it listed in your car papers and then get pulled over...good night.

That's why I'm gonna keep my standard rims alap

Is your TUV similiar to our DMV (dept of motor vehicles), or is this some kind of government program to regulate the purity of automobilies (like the Reinheitsgebot)? :)

:D No, it's not to regulate the "purity" of the cars. You can tune them. But: I saw some folks here that put some 20" wheels on their IS and said "they were only scratching a bit on the inside of the car".

For me as a "safe" German, this is...omg. No way this was legal and not noticed by any law official. The TÜV would make you enlarge the wheelspace or block part of the steering way so the tire doesn't scratch on the inside of the car anymore. (Just as an example...)

The TÜV just wants to create safe roads. Every car is checked every 2 years. If there's a light bulb broken, rust or anything, a tuning part that may influence the safeness of the car, they don't give you a special tag on your car and you're not allowed to drive the car anymore. (Of course first, they give you several months to have the problem fixed).

BUT: Back to the Topic. Where are some pics?!

Thanks for the pictures, keep them coming if you can. Yeah the wait sux. i cannot decide if i want to upgrade my special order to luxury package....dont wanna spend the 2200 more but i want the HIDS.

I think the articulated HIDs would be worth the wait.

I am brand new to the forum. I am waiting on my car to get here from Japan in about 2-3 months. I am very very anxious. I ordered Silver/Black, Manual, Heated and cooled seats, Navigation, and 18" wheels and I just want more picutures of the IS. If you could, please post pictures to hold me over while I wait.

By 'silver', do you mean 'Tungsten Pearl' ? That's what I have (in a 350) and it looks sharp. I would highly recommend the chromed 18" wheels, though. It didn't look near as sharp when it had wheels the color of the car; the chrome made it! Sorry for trying to spend your money for ya. :cries:

Don't have any good pics, but maybe I'll take some for you...

i would love some pics. i am gonna stay with the 18 stock for now. i am just happy to be able to barely afford the car. i have premium, 18, and nav on it now. mine will be an 07 since i ordered so late in the year. I wonder if i can request the hid stand alone option even though it is not official yet. i really really want factory Hids. i will have to try tomorrow.

i would love some pics. i am gonna stay with the 18 stock for now. i am just happy to be able to barely afford the car. i have premium, 18, and nav on it now. mine will be an 07 since i ordered so late in the year. I wonder if i can request the hid stand alone option even though it is not official yet. i really really want factory Hids. i will have to try tomorrow.

I'd sure try to get HID by itself. That's one thing I sure miss since I traded off the IS300, no HID.

lol those adaptive headlights are what they say it is. I have them on my rx330...and yes they do pivot...but no it does not help you to see more...i guess its something yo ucan show off cause when you start the car, they move to align themselves. and i dont mean the little movie down move up on regular cars, its the hole shabam left then right

Yeah i just hope they are smart enough to put two and two together at the dealership. I hope they can order them as stand alone even though the dont have the specs on the new one as of yet. I mean if i am getting a special order IS250 i should at least get to order what i want. And who knows how much it will cost to add them in after the car is produced...."here is an arm and i owe you a leg."

quote name='minderaser' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:47 PM' post='201854']

i would love some pics. i am gonna...

Here is a new pic, chrome wheels and all...

(attachment deleted) - here is a better picture of my gray one...

lexusIMG_1510%20large%20crop.jpg

quote name='minderaser' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:47 PM' post='201854']

i would love some pics. i am gonna...

Here is a new pic, chrome wheels and all...

Very nice. The chromed Lexus wheels look great. I've been toying with the idea of having that done, and it's good to see what it looks like.

lol what side reflectors...i dont see them...

also, that picture from Dat Ei looks like something out of the brochure. Love the photography! :D

EDIT: i see them now, you have to go into the gallery. I love the side reflectors...and it seems like all cars have them now except lexus. I love MB's style of having them on the side mirror.

Here is mine in Los Angeles

albert_car.jpg

=)

So why the diffrence? Why not make them the same?

There are more difference between the US and the european version than you might see at first sight. I.e. the overhead compartment beside the moonroof control. The european version does not have this compartment, because we have an intrusion detector instead (pressure of insurance companies). Some of this differences are the results of different laws and different target groups, some are simple retrenchments.

Dat Ei