Lexusus.com

CountCiano

I'm shopping for an RX 330 and live in NY. The best price I have found anywhere is in LA at www.lexusUS.com. Their price is $3K lower than what is being offered by dealers over here. They say shipping is $700, which still makes the deal very attractive.

But I don't know that dealer, and am nervous about buying a car from the other side of the country. Does anyone have any experience with that dealer and has anyone purchased their car from another part of the country to get a better deal? Are there any problems getting it serviced locally, dealing with a lemon, getting recourse?

Lexusus.com is connected to the Beverly Hills Lexus dealership, and their former internet sales manager by the name Deris. Deris says he can get Fleet pricing from Bevery Hills or other nearby locations. You use him as the middle man, but buy your car directly from the dealership, so I don't think there is a lemon problem. He has access to inventory information on what comes into the Long Beach port (the main distribution into Western US).

CA prices are better than NY. Prem PLus RX 330 goes for $36.5K!

My advice would be this: Call the number at lexusus.com, and negotiate to get the best deal. If you agree to pick one color combination up from the lot, I bet you get to the $36.5 quickly. They are hyping the availability issue. The ship from Japan just loaded thousands of cars a wk ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Still looking for a good deal, call Jim Falk Lexus Beverly Hills. Their availability is great. I heard they ship to other parts of the country, and it ends up being still cheaper than buying it from an East Coast monopoly type dealership!

Ask for the person we bought our RX 330 Perf NAV from: Harris. He is straightforward and smart. We had the best price in whole CA (and believe me I did the homework) and fast service. CA prices are lower than nationwide to stast with. Negotiate hard. Good luck.