Navigation System Override For Rx350?

I just purchased a 2007 RX 350 with navigation. I'm quite frustrated that you can't use the navi while the car is in motion. (My Acura doesn't have this "safety feature".)

I noticed via a search of this forum that there is a hidden menu to override the navigation blockout. Does anyone know how to access it in the 2007 350?

Thanks!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Push the menu button

Press Volume

Touch the upper left corner, lower left corner, upper left, lower left

A new screen pops up

Push and hold the override button until it is highlighted, it will be too

Hit the back button

Go to dest and type it in

• 1 month later...

Push the menu button

Press Volume

A new screen pops up

Hit the back button

I tested this today in my 2007 IS250AWD and it does not work. They must have changed this for the IS Family in 2007. Hmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link with video showing it, along with the instructions for the different years/makes of Toyota Lexus to access the Service Menu (where the DVD Override option is located)

http://www.cartv.com/content/research/chan...us/MODEL_VCH/LS

James

Thank you James. Will try soon.

Looks like all of us past Acura owners who LOVED the navigation and bluetooth are stuck if we own newer Lexuses. Check out this link:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216004&page=9&highlight=navigation+override

It's a shame that you can't even VIEW a search that you did while stopped; it lowlights immediately as you start to go.

Also don't like the fact that it doesn't have both a search by distance to travel and search by name. It was great to be able to enter just a few letters, such as "Fact" under the category "Restaurants" to find the nearest "Cheesecake Factory".

• 2 weeks later...

Push the menu button

Press Volume

A new screen pops up

Hit the back button

Tried this on my 07 - RX 350 and it does NOT work :(

Push the menu button

Press Volume

A new screen pops up

Hit the back button

Probably because your NavDVD is version 6.1. The override was moved in v6.1; we're still trying to find out where. Have a look at this Club Lexus post.

SonarTech

Push the menu button

Press Volume

A new screen pops up

Hit the back button

Probably because your NavDVD is version 6.1. The override was moved in v6.1; we're still trying to find out where. Have a look at this Club Lexus post.

SonarTech

Do you think that there will ever be a fix for version 6.1. It seems that Lexus was set on keeping us locked out this time for sure. I would pay $500 for a fix on this which is stupid as I paid good money for this car. I guess I need to remember ... good things come to those who wait... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Push the menu button

Press Volume

A new screen pops up

Hit the back button

SonarTech

Do you think that there will ever be a fix for version 6.1. It seems that Lexus was set on keeping us locked out this time for sure. I would pay $500 for a fix on this which is stupid as I paid good money for this car. I guess I need to remember ... good things come to those who wait... :)

Did you ever find any other way around this - even if you have to purchase the fix? I just placed my RX350 for sale after owning it about 45 days because of the navigation/bluetooth issues, and will go back to an Acura if I have to. Just trying one last thing.

Did you ever find any other way around this - even if you have to purchase the fix? I just placed my RX350 for sale after owning it about 45 days because of the navigation/bluetooth issues, and will go back to an Acura if I have to. Just trying one last thing.

What bluetooth issues did yo uhave? I am having some of my own in my 07 RX400h.

Can't overide my Nav either. I'm also having trouble with the bluetooth. When making a call and I end before the call completes the bluetooth will lock up. It shows that you are still calling that last number. Only way I've found to correct it is to turn key off.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought a 2007 RX350 with Nav and I can't use the override feature either. I am on version 6.01. I am going to try and call Lexus to see if they will give me the info but I doubt they'd hand out that type of info.

To answer your question yes you can create a new destination by voice. By default Lexus puts the woman in idiot mode, she tells you everythign to say...it's annoying, I have that turned off. You can turn it off in options it's called "Guidance asistance" or something to that nature. Read your Nav manual. But there is the easy way to do it (without the guideance assistance).

1) Push the voice button

2) after the beep, speak "address"

3) (system responds), push talk button again

4) Speak your state ("Arizona")

5) (system responds with "Arizona") if the voice reg gets it wrong just wait the woman will tell you how to change it the state.

6) push the talk button again,

7) speak the city ("Phoenix")

8) (system responds with "PHOENIX") again you can correct if you mess up...i won't mention this anymore

9) push talk button again

10) speak the street name ("East Indian School Road")

11) (system responds "East Indian School Road")

12) push talk button

13) speak the house number in numberic format "fifty one thirty six" (for 5136)

14 (system responds "5136"), at this point you have two choices, use your finger to click on destination or goto 15...

15) push talk button

16) speak "enter destination"

I find it much easier to just push the stupid button instead of wasting another 10 seconds saying enter destiatnion. This may see like a lot of steps but start to use it everywhere you go, and before you know it, you'll be a pro and it actually is faster than being stopped somewhere and entering everything via hand....

UPDATE ON THE V6.01 WOULD BE NICE :)

• 1 month later...

Push the menu button

Press Volume

A new screen pops up

Hit the back button

Also, for those who aren't aware, this override sequence can be done while the vehicle is in motion.

I just got off the phone with Costal Electronics, they have a new version of their Lockpick that over rides all the locked features of the 2007 RX-350 Nav system with v6.1 software. I've ordered it. $299, we'll see if it works.

http://www.coastaletech.com

Bruce

07 RX350

5k Miles.

Please post how the installation goes and how well the unit works. Will the new lockpick also allow you to plug an ipod into the car audio?

I ordered the Coastal Lockpick 3 Basic ($99) last week. Easy install - just plugs into dvd in trunk - HOWEVER, it does NOT WORK with the RX350 as they stated. It does NOT cancel the "I Agree" button and does NOT allow destination input while the car is in motion. I called them and am awaiting a replacement unit at this moment.

I would hold off on ordering one of these until someone can verify it works properly. Hopefully me, when I get a replacement.

Also, to note - the destination over ride is not automaticlly open. Each time you want to use it you have do do some key presses first, according to the manual.

hi everyone, is the lockpick our only realistic option at this point? no one's found out what the secret code is for the new firmware?

i wanted to slit my throat this wkd trying to change destination while i was on a highway.

thx

Well, it doesn't look like th Coastal E Tech Lockpick 3 is not going to do it either.

I ordered and received one 2 weeks ago - it did NOT remove the "I Agree" screen and the destination input while driving is 'flakey' (it goes on and off).

I just received the replacement one today and it acts the same.

This is in a '07 RX350 with ver 6.1 map software.

Oh well..........

hi everyone, is the lockpick our only realistic option at this point? no one's found out what the secret code is for the new firmware?

i wanted to slit my throat this wkd trying to change destination while i was on a highway.

thx

Well, it doesn't look like th Coastal E Tech Lockpick 3 is not going to do it either.

I ordered and received one 2 weeks ago - it did NOT remove the "I Agree" screen and the destination input while driving is 'flakey' (it goes on and off).

I just received the replacement one today and it acts the same.

This is in a '07 RX350 with ver 6.1 map software.

Oh well..........

oh no.

someone must know a lexus tech somewhere who can help us. we're desperate as the stupid system is pretty damned frustrating if you ever change your mind about your destination and don't know the exact address.

I called Coastal Tech today and the lady that answered the phone assured me the Lockpick 3 would work with the RX350. They sure need to get their story straight. Also she told me that the Lockpick plugs into the back of the nav unit requiring removal of part of the dash. Is this correct? Is it difficult? Maybe they will get the unit working properly.

Thanks.

many people have removed their dash and cut the wire in the back of the nav. this is very dangerous for the typical man.

I cant even find where to open the dash on the RX> everything seems so neatly tucked in. Im pretty sure it has to start with removing the area around the shifter. lol