Air Suspension Died

corrado_mr2

Well, after nearly 120 000km (75K miles), my 04 RX330's wonderful air suspension died on me the other day. The RX was stuck at a certain height and I had the "Off" light flashing on the dash. 1250$Cnd later and it's good again.

A few weeks earlier, I had carried two separate loads of cement blocks of at least 600 lbs total in the trunk. I heard the compressor compensating working longer than usual to adjust the level of the ride height for it, but nothing more unusual than when people sit in the car and add weight. Can't say if that was the killer, but I'm sure that contributed to the wear-and-tear. Lesson-learned !

I am a little disappointed with this failure, but I understand it was possibly my fault or that I accelerated the wear and tear. We tend to forget the RX is not a true SUV, instead it's a unibody car-based (Camry) luxury "SUV" not meant for heavy hauling/towing. We need to go to the GX or the Toyota "equivalent", the 4-Runner for more heavy-duty stuff.

Anyone else had an issue with their Air Suspension and when?

im at 50K right now, nothing wrong so far. It does say that when your towing, or i guess in your case holding a lot of weight, to turn the air suspension off. the button is under your steering wheel.

as a side note, i hate that sound it makes when lifting the car, this anoying sound...just hate it

im at 50K right now, nothing wrong so far. It does say that when your towing, or i guess in your case holding a lot of weight, to turn the air suspension off. the button is under your steering wheel.

as a side note, i hate that sound it makes when lifting the car, this anoying sound...just hate it

I knew about the "Off" button and engaging it when when putting it on a lift, but not about the towing/heavy weight part. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, the buzzing sound it makes sounds "cheap" making it emabarrassing/annoying somewhat.