Does Gx470 Sux?

Suplex

Still struggling between gx470 and X5. 3rd seat is not an issue for us. Just out of curiosity, why did you get rid of X5. My wife has driven both and she loves the X5 and does not consider the Lexus a competitor. I have an SC430 so I am partial to Lexus.

Well, my uncle still have the X5 in the garage. I've had 325,635L, 635csi and 735; they all had many problems. The BMW service department is the worst of all dealerships. The brand new 635L I had for 18 mos. was in the shop for 10 mos. The 635csi I still have but rarely gets out from the garage because it has a faulty driver's seat. It is not adjustable anymore. I've taking back to the dealership at least 15 times and the problem returns after about 2 months. The car also over heats during lacal driving and all the dealership I went to said that they couldn't fix the problem. The 735 had a leaking AC for the entire 3 years I owned it; yeah, the dealers couldn't fix that neither. Ever since I start driving Toyota/Lexus, I've never been to the dealership for repair. For me, Lexus' are far better cars than BMWs. BMW:chairshot:Lexus

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2002 X5 4.6 and a 2003 GX470. I have not had major problems with either, just minor issues. On the X5 they had to replace the universal remote unit, the drivers side visor light didn't come on (blocking fabric on the sensor), etc. The GX470's cargo net pulls the panel from the side (it should have been anchored to the frame), the left turn signal bulb burnt out at only 6000 miles, and we have noticed a far less annoying version of the "thump" I've been reading about. But obviously, these are very far from killer issues and are more in the just annoying category.

For comparison purposes, we bought the GX470 as the family car for our 3 kids to replace a Lincoln Navigator (which I loved, but my wife thought was too big). The entertainment system is great, and the nav system is far easier than the BMW (touch screen vs stick w/too many menu levels). The only thing I miss is the rear sensors and the remote key setting the seat settings by default. The 4.6 goes a lot faster (better for how much $$$ it costs) and has a stiffer ride (by design). We like 'em both and will probably stick with these for a while.

I traded the X5 for a BMW convertible - I have owned 5 BMWs and (to me) they are far superior to Lexus - especially in quality. I would go for the X5. I will probably never buy another Lexus.

Dont usually see BMWs and Lexus compared when it comes to quality in that order lol, thats a first for me. I feel exactly the other way around, I dont really care if I ever own a BMW. Different folks I suppose.

Dont let bad experiences with one model taint you on the whole brand.

Dont usually see BMWs and Lexus compared when it comes to quality in that order lol, thats a first for me. I feel exactly the other way around, I dont really care if I ever own a BMW. Different folks I suppose.

Dont let bad experiences with one model taint you on the whole brand.

i agree 100 percent on that!just because you had problems with 1 doesnt mean its bad all around!

for starters lexus service is far superior!

number 2 bmw is no were near as quiet or luxurios!

only thing i give bmw is maybe its sportier!

but most will give a little speed up for a lexus becuase it has a better overall ride, luxruys,service, looks,and price too! bmws all look the same to me!!

im not just saying that because i own a lexus either!i drove just about every car out there and i know for a fact lexus is better then bmw!