Hid (xenon Lights)

vbing1

The xenon depot kit comes with the harness already, so all you need is the xtreme kit. As far as which kit is the best, xenon depot use a potted ballast which is waterproof. Philips is the best in my opinion, very bright natural light. It really depends on what you are looking for, brighteness? or cool looking color? The bluer the light, the less light output. Also the GX doesnt need a wire harness if you buy quality ballast that draws less than 10 amps on start up, Philips and McCullon makes these ballast and I dont know who else.

Good info. Thank you, G Man!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An academic question, but how come Lexus didn't install HIDs in the GX in the first place? My RX had them and they were great - much better visibility, especially on unlit country roads. I would think $$ were not a consideration on a $60K car....

Its not the cost, its Lexus being Lexus. Its the same reason they lockout the nav while the car is moving, its the same reason Toyota remote start shuts off the car if you open the door. Its Lexus and Toyota's lawyer's designing car. They want to be the leader in safety and avoid law suit.