Hid (xenon Lights)

vbing1

Hello Everyone!! Sorry it has taken so long to reply! First, I live in a rural area in New Mexico and I drive quite a bit at night in areas where there is not a lot of traffic and I use the HID highs!! It does a bit of time to light up, but when they do ...man are they bright and worth it!!!!!!! If you do lots of night driving in rural areas I highly recommend upgrading the High Beams. I am attaching a few pictures to show the light in action. I will take pictures of my install this week and try to post them in the next few days. The installation was a snap - I spent more time getting the shroud off than actually putting the kits in. There is no wire cutting and the everything you need is included. I will put together a detailed install post complete with pictures. Let me know if you have any other questions!!

post-28-1082004734.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only looks green in the picture because I had not let the bulbs warm up yet! They are super white - I promise!! If you look at this picture, you will notice they are white! I will take some new pictures with just the low beam on. I only paid $300.00 for my low beam kit and Chris at superhids.com was easy to deal with. I could not get anyone at xenondepot.com to answer any of my questions. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks

post-28-1082357649.jpg

It only looks green in the picture because I had not let the bulbs warm up yet! They are super white - I promise!! If you look at this picture, you will notice they are white! I will take some new pictures with just the low beam on. I only paid $300.00 for my low beam kit and Chris at superhids.com was easy to deal with. I could not get anyone at xenondepot.com to answer any of my questions. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks

Hey TimeGX

My question is regarding the mating adapter of the Superhid Kit. does the mating adapter goes rite in the factory harnesss like XenonDepot or if there's any modification needed.

You can click this link and see step 7 where they show the XD mating adapter which fits rite in the factory OEM harness with no problem.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...15&pagenumber=1

Pls give us ur input so that we can decide on which kit to order. thanks

Pls post some of your pics of the mating adapter... thanks.

The only thing I did to the adapter that came with the kit was to file off the tab so it would fit the OEM plug easier. It was not as near complicated as the kit in the link. The only thing I had to do was remove the old light bulb, put in the new HID bulb and connect it to the leads on the ballast and then plug in the OEM adapter to the ballast and turn it on. I am leaving on a trip but when I get back I can post some pics of the adapters and connections. I took a long look at the other kits available, but could not justify spending an extra $250 for it!!! The ballast are of a better quality in aluminum housing instead of plastic and they come with long leads for the ignitors. The warranty is really good and the customer service was far better. It did take about 14 days to get the H11 kit as it was a special order. Total time to install the kits was about 1 hour (low and high). If you were to run into problems with the install, I would not mind helping you out! I can email anyone detailed pictures and instructions of how I put the kit in.

The only thing I did to the adapter that came with the kit was to file off the tab so it would fit the OEM plug easier. It was not as near complicated as the kit in the link. The only thing I had to do was remove the old light bulb, put in the new HID bulb and connect it to the leads on the ballast and then plug in the OEM adapter to the ballast and turn it on. I am leaving on a trip but when I get back I can post some pics of the adapters and connections. I took a long look at the other kits available, but could not justify spending an extra $250 for it!!! The ballast are of a better quality in aluminum housing instead of plastic and they come with long leads for the ignitors. The warranty is really good and the customer service was far better. It did take about 14 days to get the H11 kit as it was a special order. Total time to install the kits was about 1 hour (low and high). If you were to run into problems with the install, I would not mind helping you out! I can email anyone detailed pictures and instructions of how I put the kit in.

TimeGX

thanx for the input. well i just got an email from megan and she's gonna send me the mating adapter only... and i will try it out and see how easily it will fit.

Other then that... from your pics i noticed... even though this kit is 250 cheaper... the xenon depot kit looks better... i mean the output seems better color... the pics posted by cyberflip show a very bright bluish white output.

if you notice his pic... you will notice that reflectors of the lower beam light up pretty good.... but in your pics... reflector gives a greenish shade... and if the pic is taken closer .. then it doesn't show u any relflection from the Reflectors...

i hope you know what i mean.!!

It depends on what you are looking for. I purchased HID so I can see better, not look cool going down the street. That is why I purchased the 5300K kit - it produces more lumans than a 8000 or 10000. It produces a very bright white light - not one with green in it as people are saying my pictures are. It is difficult to tell the color of a picture on a monitor becuse they are all calibrated differently! If you want a very blue to purple light - get a higher kelvin color kit and just because it costs more does not mean it is better. I was just trying to save people some money and time. Look at the posts where people are still waiting for their kits from xenondepot.com.

It's interesting how popular the subject of HIDs seem to be. I had a GS400 and currently have a ES330 with HIDs. The GX headlights, with the driving lights on, seem to be quite adequate to me. Sometimes I think the HIDs are more impressive coming at you than sitting behind them, IMHO. Maybe the night driving conditions are much different in other parts of the country. Seems that it was Consumer Reports that dinged the HIDs because of the sharp cutoff of light and lack of range. Should I duck now or later???

Take a look at this picture. It all depends on where the camera is placed during the picture.

Hey TIMEGX

I have to admit that this pics look much better. The lights look white here....

Since there's noone around here who has a superhid kit installed on thier GX... its very diffcult to make a decision based on Pictures....

I know that everytime you increase the color temperature over 4300k, you start loosing out on lumens. 4300k color temperature has the most lumens and thats the reason every OEM HID comes with 4300k.

Anyway do you have any pics of the installation... specially the mating adapter .... thanks

!!!!Avoid Proxenon.com!!!

They are a bunch of scammers working out of a PO Box.

It took 2 months of constantly calling them before I finally got my kit.

The owner, Joey, initially came up with excuses left and right and then just got downright nasty and rude. Had to eventually threaten to call cops.

Did some research and found that they regularly pull this stunt all the time. They have a really bad record with the Better Business Bureau. <url>http://www.bbbsouthland.org </url>

Avoid Proxenon. They have a tendency to rip people off. They took over 2 months to ship my kit. They gave me the runaround until I finally threatened to call the cops. A quick search on other forums found that they pull this stunt all the time.

They have a very bad record with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbbsouthland.org/

Go and check it out before they scam you too!

• 2 weeks later...

TimGX470:

Nice HID's! I just bought the same kit from Superhids.com for my 04 Acura MDX because of your posts.

Can you post some pictures of the bulb? I wanted to know if my bulbs look like yours. The rebased portion of the bulb looks like low quality compared to my other HID kit I had on my 03 MDX.

Thanks.

David

• 4 years later...

The xenon depot kit comes with the harness already, so all you need is the xtreme kit. As far as which kit is the best, xenon depot use a potted ballast which is waterproof. Philips is the best in my opinion, very bright natural light. It really depends on what you are looking for, brighteness? or cool looking color? The bluer the light, the less light output. Also the GX doesnt need a wire harness if you buy quality ballast that draws less than 10 amps on start up, Philips and McCullon makes these ballast and I dont know who else.