Hid (xenon Lights)

vbing1

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah but they dont have any specialty lamps in the low beam size.

HID lamps are totally different then halogen lamps because there is no filament, no bulb to speak of. The ballast builds a a spark that creates a circuit, which creates the light.

• 3 months later...

Maybe it is me but from that picture it is just a cheapass POS rebase kit which needs to be modified to fit with another bulbs base. A complete waste of time.

$5000 that is the most rediculas price for any hid kit unless it was a full oem kit with headlights and levelers

[Maybe it is me but from that picture it is just a cheapass POS rebase kit which needs to be modified to fit with another bulbs base. A complete waste of time.

$5000 that is the most rediculas price for any hid kit unless it was a full oem kit with headlights and levelers]

Hey Now.... :censored:

$500.00 (five hundred) not $5,000.00 (five thousand). Do you have enough expertise in HID lighting to trash this system? If you do, share a solution :chairshot:

Sorry my bad i read it as 5000 as you noted . 50 is still too high.

I have a set of plug and play hid's on mine and have sold and installed over 15 sets that are also plug and play the rebased ones should cost no more than 300 canadian as they are way too much work to put in . They where originally designed for motorcylces with weird bulbs. There are simpler solutions to get hid's . Definatly not for 500 usd 500 canadian is a more reasonable price ,but i have not priced the US market ones now that they are illegal to sell.

• 1 month later...

:censored:

Turns out ProXenon.com had some problems for those GX470 owners that ordered the H11 retrofit kit. The bulb fits everything but the Asian vehicles, Including Lexus.

They have rectified the situation and are using a different configuration for the bulb that will slide though the smaller opening.

I will be ordering mine next week...

:D

• 1 month later...

I just installed HID kits for both the low and high beam. I purchased them at www.superhids.com for only $300.00 per kit! They were easy to install without any problems and I highly recommend them. If you get the high beams, remember not to use them to "flash" people as this will shorten the life span of the bulbs. It took about 10 days to get the kits. I will try to post some pictures this week.

:cheers:

I just installed HID kits for both the low and high beam. I purchased them at www.superhids.com for only $300.00 per kit! They were easy to install without any problems and I highly recommend them. If you get the high beams, remember not to use them to "flash" people as this will shorten the life span of the bulbs. It took about 10 days to get the kits. I will try to post some pictures this week.

Hey...

By the way, its not recommended to get both . low beam n high beam converted into HID's ... flashing just doesn't shorten the life of the bulbs... it doesn't even flash properly ... coz HID's take time to warm up... so when u flash ..it doesn't do anythin .. the other person would only notice a little bluish light... not enough to do it justice....

Secondly noone really drives with thier high beam on... so it doesn't make sense in changin them to HID's... u could just change the highbeam bulb to a performace bulb like PIAA. and it would complement the low beam hid's..

just an opinion.

By the way ... can u please post some pics here for us to see as well... thanks

Congrats on your new HIDs. I, too, have been wanting to upgrade my low to HIDs, and looking forward to see your pics. Any chance you can also share the installation guide from superHIDs.com? I want to see if I can handle the installation on my own, since I am not a mechanical incline driver.

Thanks! :cheers:

Sam

TimGX470 and cyberflip9:

Great info on the HID conversion kits. Some quick questions..

What version of the xenon bulbs did you purchase (5300K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K)???

Did the kit you used require you to remove the factory headlamp connector or did it provide an adapter???

Did the kit include a ballast??? If it did, how large was it???

Thanks in advance...