Power Steering Leaking

i noticed a few days ago my 93 ES300 was leaking power steering fluid, filled it up and in about 1 hour lost it again, instected the high pressure hose and the low pressure hose and didn't see anything coming from them, lifted the car, moved the steering left and right and could not see a leak. anybody has any ideas ?

i noticed a few days ago my 93 ES300 was leaking power steering fluid, filled it up and in about 1 hour lost it again, instected the high pressure hose and the low pressure hose and didn't see anything coming from them, lifted the car, moved the steering left and right and could not see a leak. anybody has any ideas ?

A power steering fluid leak could be from:

1. steering rack o-rings

2. power steering pump seals

3. hydraulic radiator fan

4. damaged hoses/lines that connect 1, 2, & 3

Check them all!!

A power steering fluid leak could be from:

1. steering rack o-rings

2. power steering pump seals

3. hydraulic radiator fan

4. damaged hoses/lines that connect 1, 2, & 3

Check them all!!

the mechanic I took the car to tells me the leak is from the steering rack and he quoted me over $1,000 for the job, does this makes sense ?

Based on your ability and stock of tools you could just buy the repair kit and do it yourself. It's basically the replacement of a number of o-rings and seals in the rack and the pininon. You'll need to remove the rack from the car though, which involves some work.

Check the online manual for a more accurate idea of the total asmount of necessary then decide, but $1000 for parts and labour sounds a bit steep to me.